How much is my aircon going to cost me?

cheapskatesam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't count the times i have sworn all holy oaths during the last eleven years not to click on any "aircon" thread. but then i think of those members who look for an honest advice and i can't refrain even though some of the most ignorant comments and sometimes even blatant lies make my blood boil and switch my pacemaker into turbo mode. oh well... :crying:

Just now, wildewillie89 said:

Does anyone use generators? And if so can they recommend any good ones? I have no knowledge of what companies make good generators but am looking at getting one in case of blackouts. 

Will you want it to run your aircon?

Yes, we have a small genset, but you're probably best starting a new thread, actually, no "probably" about it, please start a new thread :)

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Will you want it to run your aircon?

Yes, we have a small genset, but you're probably best starting a new thread, actually, no "probably" about it, please start a new thread :)

Maybe ill just go and ask the shop if the forum, which I assume people use to help each other out, is as pedantic as that lol. 

5 minutes ago, Naam said:

i can't count the times i have sworn all holy oaths during the last eleven years not to click on any "aircon" thread. but then i think of those members who look for an honest advice and i can't refrain even though some of the most ignorant comments and sometimes even blatant lies make my blood boil and switch my pacemaker into turbo mode. oh well... :crying:

For some strange reason people seem to object to paying money to stay cool and comfortable, if you live in a hot country its part and parcel of living there - in comfort.

If folks move to a cold country do  they then start to question the cost of heating?

1 minute ago, wildewillie89 said:

Maybe ill just go and ask the shop if the forum, which I assume people use to help each other out, is as pedantic as that lol. 

OK, up to you, but you'll find the electrical forum very helpful to those who remain on-topic :)

Come on in, the aircon's lovely :)

1 hour ago, CGW said:

For some strange reason people seem to object to paying money to stay cool and comfortable, if you live in a hot country its part and parcel of living there - in comfort.

If folks move to a cold country do  they then start to question the cost of heating?

i have asked that question many times but never got an answer.

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

how long is a piece of string, what colour does it have and where can buy one? must have good quality, high tensile strength and low price!  

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Let's face it, he gave us almost zero information to go on.

but, ye gots to admit that the lack of info generated some interesting comments resulting from speculation regarding the operating conditions...very interesting monthly expense info, etc...

these AC load/expense threads are usually very informative even when folks ask dumb questions as AC power consumption is usually the largest component of the monthly bill...in my pensioner reduced circumstances soon it shall be a trade off between how much vodka I can drink and being able to sleep comfortably under 'my blankey' at night...

I need to find a place that doesn't charge 8abht a unit lol

The aircon thing causes friction between me and my gf..

She turns it on.. i turn it off.. she turns it on.. i turn it off.. 

I hide the handset and she gets moody. And she is coming over to stay less and less now

Just now, cheapskatesam said:

I need to find a place that doesn't charge 8abht a unit lol

I hide the handset and she gets moody. And she is coming over to stay less and less now

equation: more aircon = more sex

5 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

I was going to say something sarcastic but it's uncalled for and unnecessary so I wont bother.