Cop Under Review For Openly Marrying Boyfriend

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

invitecard-thanadech-02.jpg

Lance Cpl. Thanadech Sukthawinand and his boyfriend seen in their wedding invitation card.

AYUTTHAYA — A policeman in Ayutthaya province is under investigation for breaching discipline by announcing he will wed his fiance, a police commander confirmed Monday.

Lance Cpl. Thanadech Sukthawinand launched to online fame last week after a wedding invitation, which showed him in a police uniform, surfaced on social media. His supervisors soon launched a probe to ascertain whether he breached any unspecified regulations by getting married.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/05/08/cop-review-openly-marrying-boyfriend/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-5-8

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as a marriage between two members of the same sex isn't recognised by law here, I can't see how he's breached any 'regulations'. But then again, it did say 'unspecified' meaning 'made-up-as-we-go-along'. 

Can anyone name any powerful male figure here who's in the army, police, politician, etc, who is openly gay? Not an actor or singer. Thailand may seem like a very open society when it comes to homosexuality, but it's still way behind in my opinion. How many times have I heard "He's not a real man" meaning he's gay. That expression should be reserved for men who beat their partners. 

Good luck to them now. Let's hope we don't get a mid-week rant from Webfact next week about how vitriol and homophobia is the order of the day on TV.

These ceremonies are important even if they are not legally binding for the reasons they put the idea of gay marriage into the public eye. They did this a lot in the USA before it was recognized and even now in the USA it isn't universal.

It is nice to see a police man in Thailand advancing human rights rather than abusing them.

Edited by anotheruser

11 hours ago, edwinchester said:

A friend of my wife got married to her Thai policeman husband. He was in uniform and very smart he looked too. No disciplinary action for him.

Maybe he didn't advertise it on the internet...

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A policeman in Ayutthaya province is under investigation for breaching discipline by announcing he will wed his fiance, a police commander confirmed Monday.

...and tomorrow's story:

police drop investigation like a hot potato after learning that cop's boyfriend is a high ranking military commander..., and not some mushroom picker from the country

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Seeing as a marriage between two members of the same sex isn't recognised by law here, I can't see how he's breached any 'regulations'. But then again, it did say 'unspecified' meaning 'made-up-as-we-go-along'. 

Can anyone name any powerful male figure here who's in the army, police, politician, etc, who is openly gay? Not an actor or singer. Thailand may seem like a very open society when it comes to homosexuality, but it's still way behind in my opinion. How many times have I heard "He's not a real man" meaning he's gay. That expression should be reserved for men who beat their partners. 

Thailand is not a very open society, at all.

14 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Can anyone name any powerful male figure here who's in the army, police, politician, etc, who is openly gay?  I 

A relatively recent PM ex-Navy...

15 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Thailand HUB of superficiality.

Oh Yes,To the ones in charge in the BIB it is shameful to be married to one of the same sex but has been OK for a long,long time to force sex on vulnerable women and young girls in LOS by the same BIB.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Congratulations with your marriage and why there are so few female police officers here?

Good question, I spotted one yesterday, she was on her bike chasing some car. 

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Thailand is not a very open society, at all.

I've long though that the huge number of transgender people in Thailand relates to the very negative view of homosexuality. Not to say that there are not "real" transgender people, clearly there are many. But I wonder if many of these boys are really just gay but "choose" the transgender path because in some ways it's more acceptable. Then again, I could be way off the mark.

In any case, best wishes to Mr and Mr Cop.

10 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Good luck to them now. Let's hope we don't get a mid-week rant from Webfact next week about how vitriol and homophobia is the order of the day on TV.

These ceremonies are important even if they are not legally binding for the reasons they put the idea of gay marriage into the public eye. They did this a lot in the USA before it was recognized and even now in the USA it isn't universal.

It is nice to see a police man in Thailand advancing human rights rather than abusing them.

"It is nice to see a police man in Thailand advancing human rights rather than abusing them."

It's nice to see a policeman doing anything in Thailand!

"Now listhen therweetheart, i have to arrest you, Are the cuffs to tight, hansum? I can loosen them if you like. Thorry to hurry you but i have to get home to get the Tom Yum ready for tonight's dinner, me and hubby are of to the pictures and i want to look my best. Oh dear! I'm never going to get my hair done in time"

Edited by Khon Kaen Dave
spelling error

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

"Now listhen therweetheart, i have to arrest you, Are the cuffs to tight, hansum? I can loosen them if you like. Thorry to hurry you but i have to get home to get the Tom Yum ready for tonight's dinner, me and hubby are of to the pictures and i want to look my best. Oh dear! I'm never going to get my hair done in time"

There it is again. Homophobic idiocy. 

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There it is again. Homophobic idiocy. 

My idiocy is my problem

I do not have to agree with something which i do not consider to be the natural course of events. I am not alone in my opinions

Call me what you like, your insults do not interest me

I do not dislike gay people because they are gay. I do not harbour violent intent towards gay people. My opinions are what i  allowed to have, because i am allowed to have them.It is my right to free thought

The fact that you are gay, does not bother me, one way or another, however i find that the thought of two men engaged in sexual activity not pleasant. But i do not deny their right to do so. I  very sad at the fact, that the Catholic Church, closed their adoption agencies, because they did not agree with children being subjected to a single sex environment. I'n doing so they deprived hetrosexual couples of adoption chances.  

I do not have any gay friends, but i will not ignore any one who i speak with because they are gay

You can wave the Homophobic flag all you want, but at least i had the strength of character to publish my 'idiocy' before a realm of my peers. I fully expect the gay brigade to come out fighting and call me all sorts of names, but i can stand that

. I am truly sorry if i have upset you, but we are both creatures of opposite belief, and i am entitled to mine as you are entitled to yours

I wish to point out that there had been no personal insults or written assault against you as a person

3 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

My idiocy is my problem

I do not have to agree with something which i do not consider to be the natural course of events. I am not alone in my opinions

Call me what you like, your insults do not interest me

I do not dislike gay people because they are gay. I do not harbour violent intent towards gay people. My opinions are what i  allowed to have, because i am allowed to have them.It is my right to free thought

The fact that you are gay, does not bother me, one way or another, however i find that the thought of two men engaged in sexual activity not pleasant. But i do not deny their right to do so. I  very sad at the fact, that the Catholic Church, closed their adoption agencies, because they did not agree with children being subjected to a single sex environment. I'n doing so they deprived hetrosexual couples of adoption chances.  

I do not have any gay friends, but i will not ignore any one who i speak with because they are gay

You can wave the Homophobic flag all you want, but at least i had the strength of character to publish my 'idiocy' before a realm of my peers. I fully expect the gay brigade to come out fighting and call me all sorts of names, but i can stand that

. I am truly sorry if i have upset you, but we are both creatures of opposite belief, and i am entitled to mine as you are entitled to yours

I wish to point out that there had been no personal insults or written assault against you as a person

You haven't upset me, dude.

I know that idiotic homophobia as was in your post is out there.

You didn't express opinion. You expressed ignorant stereotypes. That exposed YOU, not gay people.  The garbage you posted has nothing to do with gay people. You think it's OK to do that towards gays and you're probably right. But I bet you wouldn't try the same hateful crap towards other minorities. Bye. 

Edited by Jingthing

Hmm.

The land of the free!

Almost everything is abused here, so what's new about two guys wanting to marry.

In my opinion, if they are happy, what does it matter to others?

Pathetic. Fickle. Yawn...

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You haven't upset me, dude.

I know that idiotic homophobia as was in your post is out there.

You didn't express opinion. You expressed ignorant stereotypes. That exposed YOU, not gay people.  The garbage you posted has nothing to do with gay people. You think it's OK to do that towards gays and you're probably right. But I bet you wouldn't try the same hateful crap towards other minorities. Bye. 

Think what you like, dude

You don't even know me

And who would these other minorities be?  'cmon, put your money where your mouth is!