CPAP Machine

meatboy

having suffered lately with,slight seizure,bitten tongue,and some urine leaking,seems its all down 

to SLEEP DEPRIVATION.the past week or two there has been a lot of football and rugby that

i have been watching 1.30am-4am.so i feel i am not getting enough sleep.

i have also a slightly rapid heart beat.

the last time i had this was LAST AUGUST.

so i have been reading is, a CPAP machine can help it seems a   

CONTINOUSE POSITIVE AIRWAY PRESSURE  is the cause.

has anyone puchased one of these in thailand or knows where i can get one.

On 1/6/2560 at 6:33 AM, bbi1 said:

Do you have moderate to severe sleep apnoea that you are needing a CPAP machine?

last yr.for the first time i fell out of bed without knowing,the wife said it looks like a fit.

at the hospital i had a CT.SCAN and all was fine.

they said i had a GRAN MALS SEIZURE.

these past few days i have had,

dry throat.

gasping choking sensation.

morning headaches

forgetfullness

and most of all LACK OF SLEEP.

i found i had bitten my tongue many times.

luckily the wife was present and she said it was the same reaction as before.

i am normally in bed by 6pm.then its broken sleep till 10pm,i am up always by 2am.

to watch sport,the seizure i had last yr.was after getting up at 11.30pm.for the olympics.

this latest one was after getting up 11.30pm sat.to watch the football.

with going back to bed around 4am.i find my brain is so very very active.

so all these symptoms point to me needing  CPAP machine.

the wife got intouch with the clinic near the hospital by me and they want to admit me for one night for tests [4,500bht.]

good idea or not.

Go to the Sleep Clinic at Bumrungrad Hospital and do a sleep test.

There is one happening next Wednesday. But I don't know if all beds are full.

They can at least interview you and do an examination. This is by far your best option to find out what is with your serious sleep issues.

Yes obstructive apnea can cause many of the symptoms listed above if left unchecked.

I know some one who died from it while we were in discussion about him going back on the, CPAP. We'd had a 2 day discussion about it, he was against it. But died in his sleep before day three....

I have been on CPAP for 22 years, once you are used to it it is easy to deal with, particularly after about 2-3 weeks when you realize how much better you feel and think, and more so if you then try not using it one night. Next day you will know the difference.

I could tell you the name of the CPAP supplier here, but you need a overnight sleep test so they know how to set the machine properly. it not is definitely NOT one size fits all.

thanks for your reply's,i do think its self inflicted,by sleep deprivation,i will make the appointment by the hospital in korat

[theparat] i have found it to be of good standad.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually very glad I did the test. My needs had changed, my box couldn't supply that and I have a new BiPAP unit running nearly twice the pressure then before. Been sleeping so much better the last week or so.

It also seems Sleep Apnea contributed to Carrie 'Princess Leia' Fischers death.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

i agree about not giving up on the cpap...took me several months....also agree that now, i will not sleep without it....i also find that having a mask that you like is very important....i use the DREAMWEAVER as i am a nose breather....i dont know which masks are your choice but AMAZON has several.....good luck...

Sleep apnea treatment improves wellbeing, no cardiovascular benefit

This surprised me, since I was under the impression that the need for CPAP was due to cardio:

The largest sleep study ever undertaken has found that the leading therapy for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), does not reduce recurrent strokes and heart attacks in people with cardiovascular disease but does significantly improve their quality of life and mood.

source: https://www.georgeinstitute.org/media-releases/sleep-apnea-treatment-improves-wellbeing-no-cardiovascular-benefit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, Sorry for bumping this old topic.

I have a CPAP machine - the Philips Dreamstation. Bought it last year in China and it's worked very well until early this morning when it suddenly starting beeping and the display reads 'Service required'.

I've tried google but can't seem to find a Philips CPAP service centre here in Thailand.

Any suggestions or advice gladly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2017 at 9:54 AM, namoi said:

Well that is also very different to my understanding also as I was told it was to help reduce the risk of stroke and heart attacks, I have an icd to help regulate my heart.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It does help, no question.

BUT, but there is a specific difference.

If you have

cardio-vascular diseases

in other words it works well

but does not

”stop reccurant heart attacks and strokes” 

in those with  severely blocked arteries. 

which DOES NOT say ;

CPAP doesn’t prevent strokes or heart attacks in those who do NOT have badly blocked arteries.

Sleep apnea can kill you if you have normal arteries and doesn’t work as well of you have porked-out on bad cholesterols for 40 years.

Thats what that study says.

it stops/reduced some apnea’s related problens, but does cure all other problems that cause heart attacks and strokes.

I’ve had a CPAP for 22 years kept me going without question. But I also reduce bad cholesterol too.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1