Air traffic puts Suvarnabhumi in bad light

webfact

Why is Utapow always ignored? Infrastructure already in place, long sturdy runways.

Build a train direct to Bangkok from Utapow. (2 sets of rails please).

The Government OWNS  it why not utilize a long ignored asset.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

. Isn't that data purely from one specific flight and carrier..

Talk about misusing data to falsely make a point!

Isn't that data purely from one specific flight and carrier..Jacko45k

No Jacko45k--can you can not see the chart ?? Its from the last set of figures  Jan-March that they have ---it does have MARCH written there--not just one flight

This is the flight you are talking about--

Manchester to New York JFK with Pakistan International Airlines

88 minutes  Average delay per flight

Jacko45k--- I should have put the BBC link in--I usually do when I find someone unfairly knocking Thailand  The report is cut and paste direct from  the BBC  Link below....on the other side Jacko--I think you should ask where's the link, instead of supposing something.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-37036838

1 hour ago, ksamuiguy said:

Why is Utapow always ignored? Infrastructure already in place, long sturdy runways.

Build a train direct to Bangkok from Utapow. (2 sets of rails please).

The Government OWNS  it why not utilize a long ignored asset.

Erm  ...  Utapao only has one runway, albeit a decent long one, built by the Americans in the Vietnam war, many years ago.

But its real problems are a lack-of-terminal-facilities, the new major-expansion can currently only handle 3-million PAX a year, and (as you correctly identify) the poor transport-links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Tapao_International_Airport 

It's owned by the Navy, which perhaps also complicates its proper commercial growth.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:43 AM, shady86 said:

Insufficient immigration staffs manning the counters make it worst.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree completely. That said arrived on Cebu Pacific this morning from Manila. Plane landed early at 0800, was through immigration with no queues and had bags and at taxi rank 45 mins from touchdown. Normally coming from Dubai on EK and a dreadful 90 mins in immigration after landing at 1230.  Roughly same number of desks manned at both times! There seems to be no manning to meet peak arrivals.

22 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Isn't that data purely from one specific flight and carrier..Jacko45k

No Jacko45k--can you can not see the chart ?? Its from the last set of figures  Jan-March that they have ---it does have MARCH written there--not just one flight

This is the flight you are talking about--

Manchester to New York JFK with Pakistan International Airlines

88 minutes  Average delay per flight

Jacko45k--- I should have put the BBC link in--I usually do when I find someone unfairly knocking Thailand  The report is cut and paste direct from  the BBC  Link below....on the other side Jacko--I think you should ask where's the link, instead of supposing something.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-37036838

Yes I had previously gone to that source to check your data..... you appear to have added an extra apostrophe s.

Do you  suggest 56+22+22 % of flights are delayed from Manchester.... ie 100%, that is not correct. I read the page and believe the data is purely for the PIA flight. As I said, I fly frequently from Manchester, and fortunately do not experience delays. I normally do reasonably at Bangkok too, and although we leave the gate at a reasonable approximation to on-time, taxiing and waiting for take-off usually adds 30 minutes. I believe departure from gate determines punctuality.

Edited by jacko45k