Myanmar passport and temporary passport question

My Myanmar girlfriend has a temporary passport for work in Thailand that is valid until April next year. She also has an actual passport that we got last year that we need when she gets excepted to a Thai University.  We haven't ever used the new passport. Now we are going to get the proper papers from Myanmar so we can get married in Thailand. I am a US citizen. She will need to enter Thailand with her new passport and I am assuming have to forfeit her old one since we'll need to marry with her new passport. Some of the issues are that the old and new passports are quite different. They have different birthdates and the names are spelled a little different as well.  I realize that she should only have and use one, but I'm not sure the best way of going about it.  It seems the simplest would be to just use the new passport and not even mention the old one would work, but I wonder if there are any advantages of bringing both passports and having someone transfer the stamps etc... my gut tells me this could cause more problems. 

Then the next question is what does she have to show and do to get into Thailand with the new passport? At least for now we only need a 60-90 day solution as we are looking into opportunities in Myanmar and Thailand. No sense getting too far ahead of ourselves. ie. ED visa etc. Thanks for your much needed guidance.

By;

u seem to not be able to figure out <deleted> u want to do;

in 5 days u went from living with her for 2 years to  3 years, god, time marches fast

Burmese citizens can get a free15 day visa exempt stamp or she can apply for a tourist visa same as u,

ONLY USE NEW passport,  dont mention ANYTHING about old one

IF ur going to stay in Thailand look into getting someone to sponsor/hire her and apply for a 2 year Migrant L-A visa which comes with a wp. IF ur down in phuket, i have an agent that does all the work , costs 23,000 baht( i just did it)

2-3 years.. it really doesn't matter for the questions asked... likely I had a mean tequila and lime drink flowing. But funny all the same. Great information and actually I appreciate the wit... And so true about not figuring it all out. We're at a crossroads. I'm finishing 2 years at a job and am ready for a change. I learn a little here and there and update our ideas of what to do next. I doubt asking wear the pie in the sky is... will get me any helpful responses. Teaching is new to me. I semi-like it, but find more satisfaction out of other jobs I've had etc. So, first off will be to take some time off, get my head together and see if I can find a creative and more lucrative way to forge the next steps. We'll go to Myanmar to check it out, see if I like it. Even if I teach again, soon... likely... I know more of what I'm good at and enjoy. So back to thanks for directly answering my question about the passport. It makes the most sense to not mention the old passport too. Why create any confusion. Now I wonder if she'll need to show funds in an account or if I can write a letter that says I'm supporting her. It gets a little strange if they ask how we met etc. yet I guess I could say when she was here on her old temporary passport... doubt it'd come to that anyhow. btw, I live in Minburi, near Bangkok. Phuket sounds nice. Thanks for jumping in so soon and answering my quest. S

Archived