Non O Retirement

I think I'm right in saying that Savannakhet won't issue a Non O on retirement with out proof that you are actually retired. 

So it's Vientiene??? Any recent reports on what documents are required for a single O based on being over 50?

Thanks.

The latest reports are that Vientiane has been asking for a medical certificate and a police clearance certificate.

If using the 800k baht in the bank option Savannakhet want proof you are retired but will in accept a income letter from your embassy proving any amount of income. Another option is to do a statement you are retired at your embassy.

Edit: You might want to check with your local immigration office to find out if they can a accept an application for a conversion to a non immigrant visa (category O). More offices are doing them now than before,

Edited by ubonjoe

Thanks UbonJoe. 

Only ten days lefy on current entry. Would the usual walk into clinic and get a medical cert work? 

Would police clearance come from Thai police and if so can it be done locally or is it a trip to Bangkok? 

Bank passbook ok to show 800k? I am in Issan but bank is in Bangkok. Would rather not have to take a trip there for a bank letter. 

Sorry for all the questions. 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Only ten days lefy on current entry. Would the usual walk into clinic and get a medical cert work? 

Would police clearance come from Thai police and if so can it be done locally or is it a trip to Bangkok? 

Bank passbook ok to show 800k? I am in Issan but bank is in Bangkok. Would rather not have to take a trip there for a bank letter. 

A low cost medical certificate would be accepted. 

They will accept a Thai police clearance. It can only be done by the PCS office in Bangkok it can take as long as 30 days to get one. See: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/  On the left side of the page there is a button with "By Out Source" on it where you can apply by mail and get it faster. 

There have been a few reports that Vientiane has asked for a bank letter along with the bank book. You should be able to get the letter from any branch of your bank.