Chiang Mai top brass roll out the red carpet for "handsome internet police heroes"

webfact

Chiang Mai top brass roll out the red carpet for "handsome internet police heroes"

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CHIANG MAI: -- Chiang Mai's top cop immediately rewarded two of his officers after they became internet celebrities.

The cops had helped a woman who fell down in the street. They ensured she got to hospital with one of them getting a lot of likes online as he cradled the woman in the pouring rain putting her in an ambulance.

Chief Sarayuth Sanguankhophai hastily arranged citation certificates for the officers telling the press they were fine examples of the local force.

Khongsak Kongngern, 32, who had carried the woman and Wisoot Moonloke, 26, received their awards at police HQ within hours of performing their duty.

They had been on patrol in the Ratchapreuk Park area when they saw the woman who had fainted in the middle of the road. They gave her first aid, called medics and ensured she got to Maharat Hospital.

Pictures of the incident were shared widely online.

The woman is recovering. Her name and address are not known, said Thai Rath who called the police heroes and more handsome than handsome in their headline.

The cops just said it was all in the line of duty.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-13

1 hour ago, Topdoc said:

I'm surprised they haven't been given an audience with the Pope

The Congregational medal of honor or the Victoria cross would be more

appropriate.... hail to the heroes who risk thier lives to help carry a woman

to an ambulance in in a heavy rain too....

2 hours ago, idman said:

Ah yes, a perfect opportunity for the B.I.B.s to show their softer side. Showcase this guy and maybe we will all forget what a rotten, corrupt bunch of earslings these guys really are.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Generalisation is dangerous.

Not all are bad, not all are good.

They are, in short, human beings.

I like the 'human beings' comment.... implying unlike other kinds of animals.... we can tell ourselves all kinds of nonsense. 

regular animals can only live moment by moment.... as if they were going thru life chanting or meditating..... 

but we humans have stories we tell each other... endlessly....

like this wonderful police story, for instance.

Edited by maewang99