Fast (ish) mail to Holland

Patanawet

I would agree with CharlieH about sending using registered air mail.

My experience is by sending large A4 envelopes and small packages from the post office here in Thailand.

For me, I always ask for the item to be sent air mail and to be signed for by the recipient. That way it gets tracked too, a good service.

An A4 envelope to the UK last time took seven days. Sending small packages & A4 envelopes to Finland takes seven to fourteen days, for some reason.

On the downside, I have noticed, when checking the Thai post office tracking website, that items often appear to be stuck in Suvanabhumi mail centre for two or three days, awaiting onward despatch. Once that happens, it is a speedy delivery.

(if you use it, this is the url:  http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/default.aspx )

I still have the receipt, as it has the tracking reference number printed on it. It cost me 89 Baht for an A4 envelope with three sheets of A4 inside.

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I regularly send to NL and they are delivered within 7 days by Registered Airmail, is my experience. 

About the same for me some months ago to Germany and not costing a fortune.

80 Baht?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your advice.

It was two sheets of A4 folded into a normal envelope.

I took it to the government postoffice near NaNa skytrain station.

The office was not what I was expecting at all ------- it was airy, clean modern and not busy. I took a number and a cheery counter assistant was waving me over.

I asked for registered airmail and it was 86 baht to Holland. The ladies English was excellent.

I was given a receipt which was all in Thai. I dicovered that the numbers on it ending in TH was the tracking number.

It seems to track it only to Suvarnabhumi and not to it's foreign destination.

Thanks again.

5 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

I was given a receipt which was all in Thai. I dicovered that the numbers on it ending in TH was the tracking number.

It seems to track it only to Suvarnabhumi and not to it's foreign destination.

Thanks again.

I wouldn't panic, it does get tracked to the final destination on the Thai postal tracking website.

Everything I have sent to Finland or the UK has seemed "stuck" in Suvanabhumi for anything from three to ten days. Then it will suddenly move on the Thai tracking system, appearing at the remote destination.

I once phoned the Post Office helpline about this. They told me, "sometimes the item has to wait for a suitable flight to get it to the destination". I was told they couldn't do anything until two weeks had past.

That does seem like rubbish, but I've never lost a parcel, it's always started moving again after it's little sleep at the airport mail centre.