Koh Samui To Surat Thani Airport

Given the large difference in price I am considering flying AirAsia from Surat Thani. Is there any transport to the airport that connects with the ferry. The AirAsia flight is at 12.30. What time would I need to leave Samui

• 6 months later...

What about going the other way i.e. Surat Thani airport to Koh Samui.

I asked my mate at work, who shall remain nameless, let's call him more money than sense, he knows who he is. He arrived at Surat Thani airport and hired a rot dtoo for himself. Cost 1000 Baht from the airport to the pier. Somebody else suggested there was a scheduled rot dtoo meeting the flights and the cost was around 80 Baht per person.

Could somebody who has done this trip recently let me know the current situation and how to find the scheduled bus at Surat Thani airport.

Thanks for any assistance.

Given the large difference in price I am considering flying AirAsia from Surat Thani. Is there any transport to the airport that connects with the ferry. The AirAsia flight is at 12.30. What time would I need to leave Samui

on2go goes 15.15 so give you more time to get there goes to don muang. for the surat bus i use the travel agent on the corner near nathon ferry

i think with seatran it is 400 baht that includes bus from donsak to airport. i would say you would need 4 hours from nathon to the airport

I asked my mate at work, who shall remain nameless, let's call him more money than sense, he knows who he is. He arrived at Surat Thani airport and hired a rot dtoo for himself. Cost 1000 Baht from the airport to the pier. Somebody else suggested there was a scheduled rot dtoo meeting the flights and the cost was around 80 Baht per person.

Could somebody who has done this trip recently let me know the current situation and how to find the scheduled bus at Surat Thani airport.

The bus will be waiting outside the arrival terminal and costs around 280 Baht including the ferry ticket to Samui.

I assume the above Samui taxi post was a joke.

No Problem to go either way - the Agent who sells the tickets, will sell you the transfer as well.

And the tip with the Yellow Taxis on Samui was "a shot in the bushes"... NO meter, NOT reasonable, NOT trustworthy and can mean massive trouble - boycott them!

Edited by Samuian

YES PPL. BOYCOTT THE SAMUI YELLOW TAXI'S, IF NOT, YOU'LL BE PAYING MORE THAN YOU KNOW, AND IF YOU REFUSE, THEY WILL DRIVE YOU TO THE BOONDOCKS AND LEAVE YOU FAR FROM ANYTHING OR ANYONE. I HAVE SEEN MANY TOURIST END THIS WAY. They we're told that it would cost 200 Baht, BUT when they got there the price was 2,ooo Baht! They guy wouldn't pay and he was rushed of before he could get out, and ended up on the other-side of the Island! This is no BS story, ASK anyone that lives here?

• 2 weeks later...

Only a right idiot could fail to achieve this journey. It's somewhere between a piece of cake and very simple.

From Surat Thani airport to Lamai Beach took 5 and a half hours on both trips.

The cost was 280 Baht plus 50 Baht for the songthaew on Samui.

• 10 months later...

The bus will be waiting outside the arrival terminal and costs around 280 Baht including the ferry ticket to Samui.

Hi,

Can you confirm if it's possible to catch the 280 THB bus to Samui when arriving at Sura Thani airport with Airsia?

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you confirm if it's possible to catch the 280 THB bus to Samui when arriving at Sura Thani airport with Airsia?

Thanks.

yes, there are transfer services any time an airplane is expected to land!

Edited by Samuian