No tourists just filthy sea, dead fish and rubbish - so beach traders call it a day

webfact

11 hours ago, PskRick said:

The Beach and the Sea are filthy...  How about the thousands of rats the size of police dogs you have to battle to even get to the sea?  It's disgusting!

Poleese dawgs .! Never seen one of them .. Plenty of Soi mutts but never a RTP canine .. As for Rattus Norvegicus or rats as we so fondly refer to them are they not part of the attraction that makes Pattaya  " unique " The world wide community of Rattus has seen an explosion of nuclear bomb proportions in their numbers courtesy of man and his untidy profligate lifestyle which as I'm sure you have noticed the inhabitants of Patt' have managed to turn into an art form ..  ( see various other stories on the TVF dealing with essentially the same prob's ) but I'm intrigued .? When they do battle is it typical Thai rules as in 5 onto 1 .. sorry sorry .. :passifier:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, dotpoom said:

I think you have no need to worry....while they say Jomtien Beach I'm almost sure they mean Pattaya beach.

I walk on Jomtien promenade daily and it is a nice friendly spot with traders as usual .

I hope you and your family have a great holiday and remember the old addige......" Don't believe everything you read in the papers".

That photo is not Pattaya beach. Looks like Jomptien to me.

I love headlines like this as it is probably the only thing keeping the families away. If it ever becomes a family resort, it's the end of Fun city.

On 8/1/2017 at 10:32 PM, Simons3 said:

Even in southern California they close the beaches for a couple of days after a  heavy storm to allow the bacteria levels to normalize.

Back in the '90s when I lived there, they published the bacteria counts at each major beach in the newspaper every day.  Same page as the weather forecast.  Because people's health was more important than their tourist $$$. 

Real time bacteria count is good information, regardless of how good or bad the beach and water looks.  I doubt we'll see it from Thailand in my lifetime.  Money rules.  To hell with the tourists' health.

Edited by impulse

Self inflicted wound. Thai people chuck rubbish around all the time. That includes the vendors. Then they complain about it. Jeez people wake up. Clean up your own mess before blaming others.

For more disgusting pictures of the mess in Thailand see  DirtyThailand on facebook.

It really is a wonder they get any tourists at all.

2 hours ago, swanny321 said:

...and is that the first of many thai turds in the lower left hand corner?

In Vietnam? Impossible no visa's allowed :)

It was crystal clear in the water and on the beach, there were a couple of locals freediving for whatever shellfish there, I think it was something of theirs.  

Photo looking from the the other end of the beach.

DSC_0267.JPG

Back in the '90s when I lived there, they published the bacteria counts at each major beach in the newspaper every day.  Same page as the weather forecast.  Because people's health was more important than their tourist $$$. 

Real time bacteria count is good information, regardless of how good or bad the beach and water looks.  I doubt we'll see it from Thailand in my lifetime.  Money rules.  To hell with the tourists' health.

100% correct!!!

On 8/1/2017 at 11:33 AM, mikiea said:

why ? why would you not believe ?  do you have these fits of fantasy  often ? ....poop water , trash , dead fish , bodies in the sand , thugs , ho's , and foul smell . it is what it is .....NASTY

I don't usually have fantasy fits to be honest. Though I do try and read the OP message before commenting totally nonsensical posts in response. The post was about Pattaya I believe. I was mentioning Jomtien, as that's where h'es going with his family, do you know the area? Do you live close by? I suggest if so you leave pretty quickly to whatever utopia you are from as that negative diatribe is a perfect example of the negativity found on TV. just as I was mentioning.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:25 AM, Dave67 said:

Yeah was thinking about Koh Lan and Rayong actually might do a couple of day trips I've been to Ko Larn about 2005 ish and a nice beach but a bit rammed. The house we are staying will be fine 

You'll be fine mate, Koh Larn still nice, not much changed. Navy beach on the way to Sattahip nice too. If you have transport, probably the nicest 2 nearby.

On 7/31/2017 at 5:23 PM, Dave67 said:

Nightmare I'm staying in Jomtien with my family over Christmas and new year

Sorry, you couldn't get me to actually bring a "family" anywhere near Pattaya OR Jomtien.  Why? The weather? Bring real antibiotics when you come because they'll sell fake ones there.

27 minutes ago, Joebuzz said:

Sorry, you couldn't get me to actually bring a "family" anywhere near Pattaya OR Jomtien.  Why? The weather? Bring real antibiotics when you come because they'll sell fake ones there.

Sorry mate, I have no Idea what you are talking about. What does "Why? The Weather?" mean?

I've lived in Pattaya actually for a few years when my kids were young. If you take your kids to Go Go bars, Soi 6  or walking street yes it's not a place for "Family" as you say. Pattaya Park and the park on Naklua road were our haunts. So I had no issues at all about bringing my kids up there. If you frequent the red light areas then I wouldn't take my kids there either

Cheers for the Anti- Biotics tip but my company insurance covers me for any treatment or medication from Bangkok Pattaya, Bangkok, and Bumigrad Hospital, amongst other's

Edited by Dave67

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Sorry mate, I have no Idea what you are talking about. What does "Why? The Weather?" mean?

I've lived in Pattaya actually for a few years when my kids were young. If you take your kids to Go Go bars, Soi 6  or walking street yes it's not a place for "Family" as you say. Pattaya Park and the park on Naklua road were our haunts. So I had no issues at all about bringing my kids up there. If you frequent the red light areas then I wouldn't take my kids there either

Cheers for the Anti- Biotics tip but my company insurance covers me for any treatment or medication from Bangkok Pattaya, Bangkok, and Bumigrad Hospital, amongst other's

Agree Dave67... my lil sis brought up in Pattaya. We return every year to see friends with our children. Just done 3 weeks and filled every day with family activities. 

Beach days were spent at bang saray or koh larn. To be perfectly honest we could have filled another 3 weeks with child friendly activities without needing to venture into any sleaze pit.

Rhompo complex on 2nd road  was good early doors... no I'm not naive and we chose a couple of bars wisely that welcomed children, mamasan loved having them and the girls were lovely. Food market also great for kids. This said it was the very quiet season so any money spent was welcome.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, chrissables said:

It was crystal clear in the water and on the beach, there were a couple of locals freediving for whatever shellfish there, I think it was something of theirs.  

DSC_0267.JPG

Relevance???????

Stick a town the size of Pattaya behind that and it won't be the same!

Plenty of pristine beaches in Thailand too, without any buildings behind them.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:02 AM, Keesters said:

Self inflicted wound. Thai people chuck rubbish around all the time. That includes the vendors. Then they complain about it. Jeez people wake up. Clean up your own mess before blaming others.

For more disgusting pictures of the mess in Thailand see  DirtyThailand on facebook.

It really is a wonder they get any tourists at all.

Most tourists don't come to Thailand for pristine beaches.

On 8/3/2017 at 7:39 AM, chrissables said:

DSC_0267.JPG

On 8/3/2017 at 6:02 AM, Keesters said:

Self inflicted wound. Thai people chuck rubbish around all the time. That includes the vendors. Then they complain about it.

Could it be that the Thai people complaining about it aren't the ones doing it?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Relevance???????

Stick a town the size of Pattaya behind that and it won't be the same!

Plenty of pristine beaches in Thailand too, without any buildings behind them.

The relevance is i was replying initially to a quote comparing Thai beaches with clean Vietnamese beaches. I gave an example of the beach. Is that an issue? If you stuck a Thai town the same size behind that beach, it would be dirty, don't you think.

18 hours ago, calexapic said:

Agree Dave67... my lil sis brought up in Pattaya. We return every year to see friends with our children. Just done 3 weeks and filled every day with family activities. 

Beach days were spent at bang saray or koh larn. To be perfectly honest we could have filled another 3 weeks with child friendly activities without needing to venture into any sleaze pit.

Rhompo complex on 2nd road  was good early doors... no I'm not naive and we chose a couple of bars wisely that welcomed children, mamasan loved having them and the girls were lovely. Food market also great for kids. This said it was the very quiet season so any money spent was welcome.

The meaning of my "the weather" comment should be obvious.  Ko Larn?  Sit on the beach.  Watch the, let's say, 1000 people going for a swim. You'll see that about 25%, minimum, go for a swim for 3 minutes or less.  You'll also see that almost no one is using the restrooms.  Figure it out.  No, I won't swim in that water either, let alone take my family in it.

2 minutes ago, Joebuzz said:

The meaning of my "the weather" comment should be obvious.  Ko Larn?  Sit on the beach.  Watch the, let's say, 1000 people going for a swim. You'll see that about 25%, minimum, go for a swim for 3 minutes or less.  You'll also see that almost no one is using the restrooms.  Figure it out.  No, I won't swim in that water either, let alone take my family in it.

Thien beach was empty but as i say low season... I'm not disputing that the water is below standard on eastern seaboard just that there are alternatives and that a family friendly holiday is possible in Jomtien and surrounding areas without bathing in a cesspit.

2 hours ago, chrissables said:

You are aware i was replying to a statement about Vietnam's beaches, and just gave an example?

Yes. I figure we might as well have an example of Thailand's beaches too.