Yellow Tabien Ban Requirement

Hi, I am new on this forum so i dont know much, but i want to apply for the Yellow Tabian Ban to prove my residency. I am not married, nor own a condo. I have a work permit which has the address of the school i work at, and by default my school put their address as my own address. Now i want to apply for a tabian ban, i can get the help of my girlfriend with whom i live with. She can provide her blue book for me, is it possible for me to get the yellow tabian ban and the pink id card? do i need to get the alien registration form from changwattana? my district where i stay is Bang Su/ Chatuchak. I need the yellow tabien ban as i believe it is the document that establishes residency , when applying for naturalization for citizenship , which i wish to undergo in 5 years and yes i plan to marry my girlfriend as well. 

Regards, 

Chris

49 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

Residency has many factors, the yellow book proves where you live and not much more, but as you say its one step.

Exactly thats the reason i wish to get it. As i believe it is a sure shot proof of residency , rather than a string of visas/ work permits.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Does your girlfriend have a blue house book for where you are living that shows her as head of household?

The yellow house book is based upon the blue house book and will have the same address on it.

My girlfriend's blue book is registered in bangkok only. 

21 minutes ago, Christopherabhadra said:

My girlfriend's blue book is registered in bangkok only. 

If she is not shown as the first entry on page 2 of the blue house she is not the housemaster. She is only registered as a occupant at the residence shown on page 1.  As I said a yellow book issued based upon that blue house book would show the same address.

You could get a yellow book with permission of the house master shown in the book.

38 minutes ago, Christopherabhadra said:

if i note that, can you tell me how do you actually prove that you were a resident for 5 years in thailand?

Your continuous extensions of stay issued by immigration proves that. You only need a yellow house book registry when you apply to prove where you are residing.

Are you working with a work permit and paying taxes?

I assume you plan on doing the application based upon being married to a Thai. You only have to be on extensions of stay for 3 years to apply for Thai nationality.

If not married you have to obe on permanent residency for 5 years which would allow you to be registered in a blue house book.

36 minutes ago, Christopherabhadra said:

if i note that, can you tell me how do you actually prove that you were a resident for 5 years in thailand?

Your passport which contains Visas/ Extensions of stay.

No Foreigner is a "resident" unless they have obtained Thai Citizenship/Permanent Residence.

• 2 years later...
On 8/4/2017 at 3:59 PM, Here2008 said:

No Foreigner is a "resident" unless they have obtained Thai Citizenship/Permanent Residence.

Strange, as when one applies for citizenship you have to prove that you have been a resident for a certain number of years, the more years the more points.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:19 PM, Smokegreynblues said:

5x 1 year extensions of stay (or 3x 1 year marriage extensions).

I'm guessing your VISA won't be the right type to allow an application for citizenship.

Which is normally what happens with foreign teachers in Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'm guessing your VISA won't be the right type to allow an application for citizenship.

What normally happens to teachers applying for citizenship?

Teachers have the same visa as anyone other worker. 

On 8/14/2019 at 4:20 PM, BritManToo said:

SO what is the right type again ?

18 minutes ago, Smokegreynblues said:

SO what is the right type again ?

Unless married to a Thai you have to have permanent residency for 5 years to apply for citizenship.

If married to a Thai you have to be on extensions of stay stay for 3 years and be working with a work permit for those 3 years. A multiple entry visa from an embassy will not meet the requirements.