Buriram Race track - vip worth it for car race?

H508

Unfortunately, I won't be in town for the October GT race, but I will be there for the 3 September TCR race. One day tickets are B1500 for VIP or B500 for Grandstand. Don't really care about the price difference, but from a bit of reading, the VIP lounge is possibly ground floor viewing inside a small room with some complaining they couldn't get a spot to see. Grandstand gets a nice elevated room, but it's general seating, and probably gets a little toasty...

Anyone have the scoop on how the seats work at the track? Some tracks that don't have a good VIP viewing booth also reserve a nice spot of roped off seats for in the grandstand, but I don't know how this track works.

Pic of layout since it can't get it to embed: http://imgur.com/a/GvnLM

Edited by H508

Purchased VIP tickets a few years ago and was very disappointed. Although the room is on an upper level and the track is quit viewable, during the race people crowd the seat outside the room and it is quit a challenge to get a view. I was also unhappy with the large number of staff that crowded the outside seat area during the races as the stood right on the railing and blocked our view. The food was ok. Overall, I would not recommend VIP tickets. Grand stand is fine. 

perfect. that matched up to a few reviews I read on tripadvisor - not having to go far for bathroom or pay for water/beer seemed like a nice perk, but I'm there to watch the race, so Grandstand it is. I may just wait to but tickets there vs paying the 3% online fee; can't imagine it will get crowded for the small time race. 

Edited by H508

Try the cheapest tickets (sidestand). I paid 150 THB...close to the track (as in 10 meter from the track) and while the grandstand was completely full and in the sun, the sidestand was covered in a nice shade and had 10 people sitting there. Even had a drink stand right outside the stand and a toilet.