Pajero and Everest - Power ELECTRIC steering and T-shape cockpit comfort(any Pajero Owners?)

LGMV

Just now, Xaos said:

Got fortuner trd. Steering becomes easier with time. More stiff at the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Interesting; how many km has it done? Does the TRD package have an intelligent suspension inasmuch as it 'learns' from the owners driving habits and the road surfaces most encountered or do the shocks, springs and linkages 'settle' and the tires get more squashy?

Interesting; how many km has it done? Does the TRD package have an intelligent suspension inasmuch as it 'learns' from the owners driving habits and the road surfaces most encountered or do the shocks, springs and linkages 'settle' and the tires get more squashy?
20 000 so far
Not intelligent but its got uograded springs.
I test drived them all.
Didnt liked Pajero was suspension too soft feels like in boat. Small engine.
Ford only top model.
2.2 underpowered for such heavy car.

U can have look in new Chevrolet I think its Tmux

Its got power steering. Worth a look

1 hour ago, eezergood said:

you mean your @ss is too big..........

I would have been disappointed if I did not get a comment like that. I find it a problem with all Asian vehicles. I am 175cm and 96kg.

The vehicle market is very competitive as it should be.

We have a Honda City, Toyota pickup & Pajero. All are reliable

Thanks for all the replies. excellent information from posters, many thanks, and some new things to consider.  About the PJ having narrow seats, another consideration is that it is about 10cm narrower that FE in width and 10 cm shorter (according to the info I have) so does that mean parking is easier?

One thing am confused about is the servicing aspect, and realise that this is a VERY IMPORTANT aspect.  

1.  Assume that each car maker has a) Dealers and b.) service centres and that in some cases a dealer will also have a service centre attached.  Is this correct?

2.  From an servicing POV why is it important which dealer you buy from?  was told by one dealer that you can take the car to "any of our centres" so would appreciate clarification on this.

3. Assuming also that one chooses. a service centre where they have someone who can speak a bit of English?  or are there other reasons for wanting to take the car back to the acutal dealer/service centre you bought if from?  Or indeed, do you HAVE To do this?

4.  The last new car bought never has any issues at all it worked like clockwork until I sold it (Mazda 3).  Assuming that when you buy a new car, there will be a very small chance of something going wrong on a regular basis? (or is this a wrong assumption).   Doesn't one just take the motor in for regular servicing?  Understand that one might buy. a "lemon" but don't understand why servicing on a NEW car is such an important consideration.  So do the comments about servicing mainly refer to when the warranty period runs out?

Apologies for so many questions, but feel that this is obviously an important point from the comments received.

Thanks for all the replies. excellent information from posters, many thanks, and some new things to consider.  About the PJ having narrow seats, another consideration is that it is about 10cm narrower that FE in width and 10 cm shorter (according to the info I have) so does that mean parking is easier?

One thing am confused about is the servicing aspect, and realise that this is a VERY IMPORTANT aspect.  

1.  Assume that each car maker has a) Dealers and b.) service centres and that in some cases a dealer will also have a service centre attached.  Is this correct?

2.  From an servicing POV why is it important which dealer you buy from?  was told by one dealer that you can take the car to "any of our centres" so would appreciate clarification on this.

3. Assuming also that one chooses. a service centre where they have someone who can speak a bit of English?  or are there other reasons for wanting to take the car back to the acutal dealer/service centre you bought if from?  Or indeed, do you HAVE To do this?

4.  The last new car bought never has any issues at all it worked like clockwork until I sold it (Mazda 3).  Assuming that when you buy a new car, there will be a very small chance of something going wrong on a regular basis? (or is this a wrong assumption).   Doesn't one just take the motor in for regular servicing?  Understand that one might buy. a "lemon" but don't understand why servicing on a NEW car is such an important consideration.  So do the comments about servicing mainly refer to when the warranty period runs out?

Apologies for so many questions, but feel that this is obviously an important point from the comments received.

U can service in any center.
Toyota is on every corner
Theres always girl who speaks eng. more or less.

56 minutes ago, LGMV said:

I think someone is taking the piss ... slightly ...

Just now, LGMV said:

My comment was based solely on the premise that most customers will buy a vehicle at a dealership near to their work and/or home and accordingly, the major servicing will be done at the same dealership.

All brands discussed herein permit the servicing to be done at any dealership nationwide. Chances are if/when you have a good purchasing experience, the follow-up service experience will match this. If you encounter a dealership where the sales team don't seem capable of answer questions or seem inflexible in any negotiations, ie. haven't a clue what they are selling and insist on higher than usual deposits (if on finance) or balk at the 'freebies', then there's a possibility that the after-sales attitude will be similarly below par.

Ford owners in Phuket would appear to have no options either way unless they like long drives every 9 months or so.

Edited by NanLaew

2 hours ago, Xaos said:

20 000 so far
Not intelligent but its got uograded springs.
I test drived them all.
Didnt liked Pajero was suspension too soft feels like in boat. Small engine.
Ford only top model.
2.2 underpowered for such heavy car.

U can have look in new Chevrolet I think its Tmux

Its got power steering. Worth a look

Why did you choose the fortuner over the others?

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My comment was based solely on the premise that most customers will buy a vehicle at a dealership near to their work and/or home and accordingly, the major servicing will be done at the same dealership.

All brands discussed herein permit the servicing to be done at any dealership nationwide. Chances are if/when you have a good purchasing experience, the follow-up service experience will match this. If you encounter a dealership where the sales team don't seem capable of answer questions or seem inflexible in any negotiations, ie. haven't a clue what they are selling and insist on higher than usual deposits (if on finance) or balk at the 'freebies', then there's a possibility that the after-sales attitude will be similarly below par.

Ford owners in Phuket would appear to have no options either way unless they like long drives every 9 months or so.

and the service is questionable at best

Maybe take a look at the Fortuner as well. Not saying you have to buy it but if you research the main SUV models, I would certainly look at it too. I have the previous Fortuner model (2014) and I'm quite happy with it.

With to the PJS and Everest, I would add the following additional points to consider:
- PJS: Design good except from the back. But either you love it or you don't. Personally I find long lights ugly. Has most safety features compared to the Everest and Fortuner. Price/value very good. Considerably cheaper than the Fortuner or Everest.

- Everest: weight. A lot heavier than the PJS and Fortuner. And as a result uses a lot more diesel than the others.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for the input.  have also considered the Fortuna and drove it.  Again, nice car, not that much between that and the other two and servicing resale would obviously be a dream.  Haven't rules it out and apparently a new model is coming in a few months with four disc brakes (apparently 2 rear are drum) although not sure that is a big deal.

The weight issue of the Everest yes see that it would consume. more fuel, not sure whether it makes it any safer in an accident. 

Re the lights in PJS personally like them and feel that it some senses it safer?

Nan Leaw, OK, thanks makes sense to have one close by.

Just now, eezergood said:

and the service is questionable at best

Admittedly I have bought both my Rangers at the same, dealership and had them serviced at this dealership and only one other, again with no issues. The experience of a few others has been different but I would never go as far as to say these are the only two dealerships to trust in LOS. Neither would I categorically claim that all the Ford dealerships in Phuket be avoided as that is based on one members bad experience with two of them, not mine. It's up to the OP to make a choice based on personal choices and personal experience.

Edited by NanLaew