Boonsong, Phumi moved to Klong Prem Central Prison

rooster59

Boonsong, Phumi moved to Klong Prem Central Prison

By The Nation

3e5e33d492a2d15d3f0aba2d9a0268f1.jpeg

An official sweeps the road in front of the Bangkok Remand Prison Saturday morning.

Former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, former deputy commerce minister Phumi Saraphol and five others convicted in the government-to-government rice deal case were moved from Bangkok Remand Prison to Klong Prem Central Prison on Saturday afternoon.

Korbkiart Kasiwiwat, director general of the Corrections Department, told reporters at 2.30pm that Boonsong, Phumi and five other prisoners had been transferred to the reception zone at Klong Prem.

He said the rules required inmates with jail terms of more than 15 years to be detained at Klong Prem.

On Friday, Boonsong was sentenced to 42 years in jail, while Phumi was given a 36-year term for approving four government-to-government rice export deals with China that turned out to be bogus. The deals were said to have caused massive financial damage to taxpayers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30324976

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-27

36 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Love or hate Yingluck when push comes to shove I would have marched naked through the jungle to get out of Thailand to avoid going to that hell hole prison.

I agree and considering how things are in this land it might be a good idea to get out of here before some idiot drives his motorbike into me and and i get sent to that hell hole just for being here. Minding my own.

Considering 10 years for e cigs showing just how crazy this place really is.

I said it once before you think you are safe here but you are not safe in thailand.

So if this actually was corruption and really caused taxpayers to lose over ฿400 billion (according to Bangkok Post), then how come they got 42 and 36 years, while Chamoy Thipyaso got 141,078 years for scamming 50 million fewer people (16000) from "only" about ฿10 billion?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 minutes ago, HOAX said:

So if this actually was corruption and really caused taxpayers to lose over ฿400 billion (according to Bangkok Post), then how come they got 42 and 36 years, while Chamoy Thipyaso got 141,078 years for scamming 50 million fewer people (16000) from "only" about ฿10 billion?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Losses were less not 400billion that is the rice program itself. The losses from the fake G2G deals (true corruption) were around 30 billion. Mind you this is just one of the many corrupt practices in the rice program. The total amount might be far higher. But the 400 billion is not based on corruption but total cost of the program.

The US$16+ trillion allocated to corporations and banks internationally, purportedly for “financial assistance” during and after the 2008 fiscal crisis has also caused massive financial damage to taxpayers all around the world....

Poor old Apichart, given another 48 years and hardly rates a mention. Let us not forget him, Thaksin's man given preferential treatment under his government, allowed to bankrupt one company B20+ billion in losses including B6 billion to the dpt of Commerce, still given preferential treatment by Yingluk including B900 million in one rice deal, and up to his neck in every dirty scam going including Boonsong's.

Seems like only the family members get the dodgy passports and the invite to Dubai. Those that front for the real criminals get hung out to dry, time after time.