121 arrested in crackdown on road racing

rooster59

121 arrested in crackdown on road racing

By The Nation

dea28fdc87e72e1c81a118b88c51a7cc-sld.jpeg

Police arrested 121 motorcyclists on Bangkok streets on Friday night and charged them with illegally modifying their motorcycles for road racing.

Deputy Tourist Police commissioner Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal said the suspects were arrested at checkpoints of major roads under the jurisdiction of 11 police stations of Metropolitan Police Division 8.

He said 65 of the suspects were aged under 18.

Surachet told a press conference at Bang Mod Police Station at 3am that the crackdown on road racing was part of a measure to prevent crimes among youths during the summer school holidays.

He said six youths and eight adults tested positive for drugs and would also be charged with drug abuse.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343648

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-21

and charge them for speeding, driving without insurance or even better confiscate the motorcycle and let a judge decide what to do with it.

Edited by RotMahKid
  • Like 1

I support this 110 %...narrow it down to any loud scooter and you have your guys..these idiots don't spend all their gf's money on being loud and getting attention, without racing and speeding...these thais are the root problem for so much that is wrong with this kingdom...impound scooters huge fines and community service, this lawlessness must end...and I will get out in front of the troll posters...come down to soi 1 and beach rd any given day and watch what some of us live with 24/7

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the photo here is correct they don't look like  race modified motocycles ??? 

I m in trouble then as I have all the race bits on my R3 

But I don't race on the road I abide by the rules as for my exhaust its a full spec race one but baffled so I don'' deafen  somebody when I drive pass a outdoor restaurant 

But if a cop pulls me over he will either fine me or want a photo of the bike 

The goal post here change ever day 

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

5 hours ago, maddox41 said:

If the photo here is correct they don't look like  race modified motocycles ??? 

I m in trouble then as I have all the race bits on my R3 

But I don't race on the road I abide by the rules as for my exhaust its a full spec race one but baffled so I don'' deafen  somebody when I drive pass a outdoor restaurant 

But if a cop pulls me over he will either fine me or want a photo of the bike 

The goal post here change ever da

I too am an x hot rod builder having built many 30's fords etc etc,and am currently building a modified p/u.but its not loud,true builders know ,loud is not cool in town , if you live in pattaya ,you know how ridiculous some of these young drivers are,with zero respect and insane speeds on small one way sois ...concentrate on this type of city driver and I am sure we will see an improvement....as we all know ..this lawlessness MUST change.thier is a place for speed and loud and is not motorways and city streets...if you are a true car or bike guy you know, its in our blood,but,these young thais, are in insult to those of us who truly love to twist wrenches....the end