High End Riverside Seafood Restaurant

ashacat

Hello Bangkokians,

My brother's boss is coming to Bangkok in a couple of weeks and is hoping to take out his girlfriend out for a romantic birthday meal, I have been asked to suggest a suitable establishment...

Preferably he would like to satisfy as many of the following requirements:

Riverside

Seafood

Not a hotel

Lovely food

Athentic Thai style

He has told me that price is not an issue (posing b@stard)

Any suggestions?

Cheers

I have been to the "Riverside" restaurant a few times and have enjoyed it very much, it has a great view, great service and the food was wonderful every time. They have live entertainment inside and out side however you can sit far enough away from it if you want peace.

Try the one on the end of Samsen Soi 3. Kim Lom ???? Saphan I think its called. Great food and a great view of Rama 8 bridge to. Food is 200 plus.

Jake

I'll second that .. Kin Lom Chom Saphan

Has great Thai food and seafood with live music right on the river ..as mads above has said at the end of Samsen soi 3

DJT

Baan Klang Naam (original one) seems to satisfy all requirements. However, dinner reservations on any day of the week are a must, as it is always packed. I have seen the Oriental drop dinner guests off so their concierge would know how to get there (I can't explain it, as it is difficult). If you go, have a car with a driver as it is down a very small soi leading to the water. Every time I go, I am surprised to see how packed it is given its location.

I have been many, many times and have always found the food to be excellent, although depending on what it is ordered, it can get pricey. Seating is outside (covered). While beer is on tap, there is a very small selection of wines.

ashacat.....

the above 2 suggested, although good food, is not exactly 'romantic' :o

KinLomchomsphan is always very busy, with tables very close to each other. I wouldnt wanna be taken there for a romantic evening out. BanKlangNam..great food, but packed with lots of big family diners or groups of men discussing business...again doesnt seem to fit what your boss wants.

I would recommend the River Bar. its near Saphan Sanghee (on the other side of the river), close to a hotel (cant remember name of hotel...some River City or something like that, but this is not the one near the Silom area!)

the best thai food, very authentic taste, and best of all....its not even expensive. right on the river, with outside seatings...tables lit with candles.

another option might be the Pattarawadee Theatre (near Wat Rakhang), they have a nice thai restaurant...with thai classical dance show....

both are good, but I personally prefer the River bar (more casual atmosphere)

anyone that decides to check out the place...please donate 10baht for my review!! (or you could put in 10% of your bill into my piggy bank :D ) thankyou :D

ashacat.....

the above 2 suggested, although good food, is not exactly 'romantic' :o

KinLomchomsphan is always very busy, with tables very close to each other. I wouldnt wanna be taken there for a romantic evening out. BanKlangNam..great food, but packed with lots of big family diners or groups of men discussing business...again doesnt seem to fit what your boss wants.

I would recommend the River Bar. its near Saphan Sanghee (on the other side of the river), close to a hotel (cant remember name of hotel...some River City or something like that, but this is not the one near the Silom area!)

the best thai food, very authentic taste, and best of all....its not even expensive. right on the river, with outside seatings...tables lit with candles.

another option might be the Pattarawadee Theatre (near Wat Rakhang), they have a nice thai restaurant...with thai classical dance show....

both are good, but I personally prefer the River bar (more casual atmosphere)

anyone that decides to check out the place...please donate 10baht for my review!! (or you could put in 10% of your bill into my piggy bank :D ) thankyou :D

On Baan Klang Naam you are right. It is riverside, seafood, not a hotel, lovely food and authentic Thai style, but really not the best place for a romantic evening (I missed that requirement). Since the food is great it might be worth a visit on another day. I don't know Kin Lom Chom Saphan, but it sounds like a family place which meets my needs.

Ok lah I know the right place na.

Drive to Rama 3 and then enter Chatuchack nr 3 (its about 500 meters from SV City on your left hand side).

Go in and drive to the end of the lane.

There are two restaurants at the water.

Left one is seafood mainly (you can choose the fish, crab, prawn from the pool)

The restaurant on the right side is much nicer in furniture and stuff and a lot more classy and pricy.

Both have very nice impressive view of the new bridge!!!

Food in both places is excellent and it is not too busy as these places are relatively new.

Have a look for yourself first, I think you will like it.

Cheers,

Alex

Take Rama III towards Krung Thep(Bangkok) Bridge.  Turn left on Soi 14. Drive to the very end of the soi.  There is a nice, chic, affordable restaurant frequented by alot of seafood savvy Thais.