Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

This is now on the Stop VT 7 Blog. Does it mean what I think it means?

The Supreme Court, "therefore, gives an order to amend the order of the Administrative Court of First Instance. That the Defendant No. 2 shall cease the construction performed, under the Work Permit No. 162/2007 dated 28 November 2007, on the part exceeding 14 meter height.”

The Supreme Court, "therefore, gives an order to amend the order of the Administrative Court of First Instance. That the Defendant No. 2 shall cease the construction performed, under the Work Permit No. 162/2007 dated 28 November 2007, on the part exceeding 14 meter height."

If I am thinking correctly about what you are thinking then maybe I think what you think is incorrect

What I think is that the cease to constuct over 14 meters is only until the Rayong decides yeah or nay - I think

The Supreme Court, "therefore, gives an order to amend the order of the Administrative Court of First Instance. That the Defendant No. 2 shall cease the construction performed, under the Work Permit No. 162/2007 dated 28 November 2007, on the part exceeding 14 meter height."

If I am thinking correctly about what you are thinking then maybe I think what you think is incorrect

What I think is that the cease to constuct over 14 meters is only until the Rayong decides yeah or nay - I think

Afetr reading the full extract, I read it the same as OneMike. The 14m is still in no-go zone for VT7 as I understand it. The amendment was in response to a full stop construction order that since has been amended to only the 14m mark before the decision of the Rayong court. I hope that i am wrong here, but it seems that the judge was sympathetic to the fact that VT7 did go through a good deal of hoops to ensure that they followed some due process, but not sympathetic enough to disregard the contestation of the fact as to whether VT7 can go over 14m or not. It seems that the judge said that the issue of the MSL line is now out of question (since it was supposed to be the matter of another court or process, but that the future should focus upon the height restriction, and whether VT7 can build over 14m or not legally.

To VT7 investors who were responding to my query about the matter and possibility of getting some external legal advice, I just wanted to say that I have just paid some months payments just to make sure that I do not trip out my 3 month clause in my contract. It at least brings me up to date, even though I heard that VT7 was allowing people not to make any more payments whilst this issue is on the table...I want to be safe rather than sorry. I do not think that anything definitive will go on now until the Rayong court date as it seems VT7 is at the 14m mark, and so it may be a quiet few months there for us all.

Regards

Justin

This was also posted on the stopvt7 blog on August 5 and this Supreme Court order (of August 1) permitted VT to resume construction but only build to 14 meters. The stopvt7 folks shouted "we won" but the reality is this order gave VT permission to start building again without modifying their building plan and throw everything back to the lower court.

Edited by ThaiBob

This was also posted on the stopvt7 blog on August 5 and this Supreme Court order (of August 1) permitted VT to resume construction but only build to 14 meters. The stopvt7 folks shouted "we won" but the reality is this order gave VT permission to start building again without modifying their building plan and throw everything back to the lower court.

Things should be clearer in about 10 days time in terms of VT intention/or not to abide by the supreme court ruling

Re bar has been built up to about the 14 meter mark on the seaside section

The concrete pillars are ready to be poured tommorrow and next week the (final) floor should be laid on that section.

If they then continue - I doubt it because they have cut the rebar shorter than normal - then they will be in contravention of the admin and supreme court rulings..

It should take about 3-4 weeks at the most to bring all sections up to 14 meters

The "We Won" refers to the fact that VT asked for the Admin court ruling to be thrown out.

The Supreme court refused to do this

They adjusted the no build order to allow VT to build to the legal limit of 14 meters.

This is not a TOTAL victory but a very significant step which shows that the Admin court AND the Supreme court are in unison with regard to the law (they are the experts after all not us)

Things should be clearer in about 10 days time in terms of VT intention/or not to abide by the supreme court ruling

The concrete pillars are ready to be poured tommorrow and next week the (final) floor should be laid on that section.

If they then continue - I doubt it because they have cut the rebar shorter than normal - then they will be in contravention of the admin and supreme court rulings..

It should take about 3-4 weeks at the most to bring all sections up to 14 meters

The "We Won" refers to the fact that VT asked for the Admin court ruling to be thrown out.

They adjusted the no build order to allow VT to build to the legal limit of 14 meters.

This is not a TOTAL victory but a very significant step which shows that the Admin court AND the Supreme court are in unison with regard to the law (they are the experts after all not us)

Both sides could spin the Supreme Court decision to support their own arguments but we are way beyond that point now. The Rayong Court has ordered a 100 meter measurement from MSL (so both Courts are not in unison) and the stopvt7 folks appealed that decision. We are now waiting on that appeal. In fairness to all I think both a 100 meter and 200 meter should be made to show the Court is not leaning towards one side.

Both sides could spin the Supreme Court decision to support their own arguments but we are way beyond that point now. The Rayong Court has ordered a 100 meter measurement from MSL (so both Courts are not in unison) and the stopvt7 folks appealed that decision. We are now waiting on that appeal. In fairness to all I think both a 100 meter and 200 meter should be made to show the Court is not leaning towards one side.

Sorry ThaiBob I don't see your logic. The measurement is either 100m or 200 meters.

What purpose does it serve to measure both distances.

Thai law states 200 meters - so what is your problem with that?

Sorry ThaiBob I don't see your logic. The measurement is either 100m or 200 meters.

I was trying to be accomodating but I see your point. VT acknowledges they are somewhere near the 104 meter mark and no where near 200 meters. The way it stands right now the Court order appears to be verifying the MSL and VT's original measuremet. That could change of course if the stopvt7 folks appeal is granted.

Edited by ThaiBob

I was trying to be accomodating but I see your point. VT acknowledges they are somewhere near the 104 meter mark and no where near 200 meters. The way it stands right now the Court order appears to be verifying the MSL and VT's original measuremet. That could change of course if the stopvt7 folks appeal is granted.

Since the MSL line has never been accurately determined, perhaps the court is hoping that VT7 will be less than 100 meters from that boundry. That would solve the problem without a determination on the 200 meter rule.

Since the MSL line has never been accurately determined, perhaps the court is hoping that VT7 will be less than 100 meters from that boundry. That would solve the problem without a determination on the 200 meter rule.

Certainly possible.

Certainly possible.

I'm sure that if there was good news for the JCC, the local oracle stopVT7 would be the first to let it be known, or is that flag still up his a**?

I wonder if anybody is aware of the implications of this court case. As it seems the 200 m from MSL

regarding over 14 m is law. Now if the court rules in favour of VT7, that would set a precedent for

all future cases on all of Thailand’s beaches. This law would never be enforceable again.

If somebody gets the clever idea to first measure out into the deep, then I wonder of course how the

exact wording of this law is. But don’t make the sharks lough.

I wonder what takes the court so long to come to a final decision anyway.

Wouldn’t be something we don’t know would it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what is the next, we can wait to happen in this case? It looks, like they don t mahe house now, more than 14m hight, anyway steels have been cut about in that levell, i think!

Is in Rayong Court some hearing end of this month??

Someone , who knows something?

So, what is the next, we can wait to happen in this case? It looks, like they don t mahe house now, more than 14m hight, anyway steels have been cut about in that levell, i think!

Well they have cut the re-bar to 14 meters and applied what looks to be a coat of protectective weatherproof paint to the steel

Rear floors to be completed yet.

So right now VT7 stands as a basement car park, Lobby and shops floor, and two stories of condo units

Looks like they are preparing for a loooong wait.

On another different but related subject.

The Regatta was due to start construction this month. I know that the threads about The Regatta and Indochine Assets were deleted so I am not asking any sensitive questions here. Just wondering if the developers of The Regatta are going to throw money into the ground for a 20 meter+ condo while VT7 is still waiting for a final ruling.

If they didn't start is this from choice? or from a blockade from the condo behind?

Pls. no comments about Indochine not re-imbersing previous clients - don't want this thread deleted also.

Well they have cut the re-bar to 14 meters and applied what looks to be a coat of protectective weatherproof paint to the steel

So right now VT7 stands as a basement car park, Lobby and shops floor, and two stories of condo units

The Regatta was due to start construction this month. I know that the threads about The Regatta and Indochine Assets were deleted so I am not asking any sensitive questions here. Just wondering if the developers of The Regatta are going to throw money into the ground for a 20 meter+ condo while VT7 is still waiting for a final ruling.

If they didn't start is this from choice? or from a blockade from the condo behind?

Pls. no comments about Indochine not re-imbersing previous clients - don't want this thread deleted also.

So its not over? thought it was a done deal 14m end of!!!!!

So its not over? thought it was a done deal 14m end of!!!!!

Just waiting for the fat woman with the Karaoke mike

We are sill waiting for the court to give a date which the survey will be done. The survey will be done by Dept of Civil Engineering and City Planning from Bangkok. :o

We are sill waiting for the court to give a date which the survey will be done. The survey will be done by Dept of Civil Engineering and City Planning from Bangkok. :o

What about your appeal to use the 200 meter measurement instead of 100 meters?

Anybody know what is happening in Hua Hin? Any buildings over 14 metres being built within 200 metres from the seashore?

Maybe one zero to many. It's rather 20m from the seashore.

In Pattaya, looks like bigger distance but still.

1 - Hua Hin

2 - Pattaya from Pattaya Park Tower

post-7277-1192263343_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1192263618_thumb.jpg

Edited by think_too_mut

Anybody know what is happening in Hua Hin? Any buildings over 14 metres being built within 200 metres from the seashore?

Maybe one zero to many. It's rather 20m from the seashore.

In Pattaya, looks like bigger distance but still.

1 - Hua Hin

2 - Pattaya from Pattaya Park Tower

My question was: What is happening now? I heard months ago that Hua Hin City Hall had stopped issuing permits for buildings over 14 meters within 200 meters from seashore. Just wondering what is happening over there now.

Also, will this measurement be for just the seashore directly in front of VT7 or will include the rest of the seashore in JomTien?

Also, will this measurement be for just the seashore directly in front of VT7 or will include the rest of the seashore in JomTien?

Not all of Jomthien Beach but all of Pattaya Beach :D

post-44552-1192313556_thumb.jpg

post-44552-1192313581_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize south Jomthien beach (Na JomThien) is excluded. I assume these are the map boundaries often referred to in the Ministerial regulations. I also assume (pending your appeal) the measurement would be made from 100 meters.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize south Jomthien beach (Na JomThien) is excluded. I assume these are the map boundaries often referred to in the Ministerial regulations. I also assume (pending your appeal) the measurement would be made from 100 meters.

As I mentioned before Na Jomtien comes under Sattahip, which has different regulations to Pattaya. That's why lots of developments there can be built closer to the beach. It just goes to show that no one here listens regardless of what is posted.

Google has a new satellite map of Pattaya! :o

What is the Rayong date of November 28 all about then? I thought that the decision would be then, but if a court needs to give a date for the survey, will this be before then or after this date?

Regards

Justin

Google has a new satellite map of Pattaya! :o

What is the Rayong date of November 28 all about then? I thought that the decision would be then, but if a court needs to give a date for the survey, will this be before then or after this date?

Regards

Justin

Good question. Anyone know if the survey has been scheduled?