Koh Samui - Penang With Firefly - Booking Online

Has anyone been sucessful in booking online?...

I've been trying to book a flight for the past 3 days online and after entering my c/c details it just sits on the "please wait" screen.

I'm trying to book a return trip going out on the 12th of May, returning 13th for my Visa run.

Is this service actually running yet?... Anyone used it?...

Cinders.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koh Samui (USM), Koh Samui to Penang Intl Arpt (PEN), Penang

Total Fare : 168.00

Administration/Other Fees : 309.00

Payment Currency : Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)

Total Payment : 477.00

nice idea , but looks as if i'll be driving again .........................................

Firefly is in business.

I have seen their planes and name on the arrival/departure board in Penang,

but I am not sure about the Samui service.

Never seen at Samui, and I go there at least 3 times a week....Will check and advise soonest.

(Never having been to Samui, all I have is 3rd hand info, but) isn't Samui Airport a private airport restricted to only Bangkok Air?

A friend of mine is going tomorrow. Will let you know. I don't think he booked on line. He had to phone them in Malaysia

and give his credit card details

I flew Firefly Penang to Samui earlier this week.

I bought a one way ticket the day before departure in the Malaysian Airline office (I guess Firefly is a subsiduary of Malaysian Airlines) in Penang for 350 Malaysian Ringett.

From leaving my Hotel in Penang to arriving at my front door on Koh Pha Ngan the whole trip was 4 hours,

I will certainly use them again.

MM

(Never having been to Samui, all I have is 3rd hand info, but) isn't Samui Airport a private airport restricted to only Bangkok Air?

it is private but not restricted to BA only, there is a flight to KL by Berjaya Air imo overpriced at ~9000 THB for return ticket by a small and slow plane,

it's great to have an affordable international flight to Penang for visa runs

for ticketing - try Samui High Speed Group on Chaweng (in the soi in front of Central Samui)

they sell all airlines including AirAsia, 12Go etc, should have this flight too

most travel agents use the company - they're the biggest wholesale ticketing agent in Samui

tel 077 231102-4

it is private but not restricted to BA only, there is a flight to KL by Berjaya Air imo overpriced at ~9000 THB for return ticket by a small and slow plane,

for ticketing - try Samui High Speed Group on Chaweng (in the soi in front of Central Samui)

most travel agents use the company - they're the biggest wholesale ticketing agent in Samui

tel 077 231102-4

I guess you mean PG....

tel 077 231102-4

I guess you mean PG....

Okay, can confirm that Firefly took off from USM Saturday around lunch.....

Hey Everyone,

I managed to make the booking in the end.

Fly out Saturday, have a night over in Penang, back to Samui on Sunday.

Return ticket 400MYR online (around 3800 Baht)

Definitely a bargain if you ask me. In my opinion the best way to do a visa run. I'd rather do this any day than endure the horrific organised visa run :o

Cinders.

Good news for the visa impaired members. :o

I have never been to Samui and may try a trip from Penang.

MYR400 is a good price, mind you Air Asia will get me to Bangkok for the same money.

I have to say this Visa run has been terrible... :o

1.) I had to wait at the airport a FULL 20 minutes before boarding...

2.) The flight was an hour long. I hadn’t finished catching up on my e-mails before I landed...

3.) I checked in to a nice hotel that is costing me 700 baht for the night

4.) I watched SpiderMan 3 in a nice cinema for a total cost of 96 baht

6.) I had a nice Javanese Massage followed by a Body Scub and Balinese Milk Bath in the hotels Tropical Spa

7.) I leave the hotel in an hour, fly back to Samui at 11.20am and return to Samui at 11.20am (Penang is 1 hour ahead)

I have to say it’s been one of the toughest visa runs I’ve ever experienced... :D

Cinders.

P.S. There was only 3 people sat on the plane coming out to Penang!

2.) The flight was an hour long. I hadn't finished catching up on my e-mails before I landed...

6.) I had a nice Javanese Massage followed by a Body Scub and Balinese Milk Bath in the hotels Tropical Spa

7.) I leave the hotel in an hour, fly back to Samui at 11.20am and return to Samui at 11.20am (Penang is 1 hour ahead)

I have to say it's been one of the toughest visa runs I've ever experienced... :D

Cinders.

Hi, I am rather confused, as i always thought USM the airport at Samui island is just Bangkok Airways that uses it, heard they are having the runway for like 30 years.

With this firefly, does it fly from penang to the airport near the BIG BUDDHA or Surrathani (where you have to take other transports to Samui). Last time i checked it goes to Surrathani but not USM.

If it is true that people have flown PENANG TO USM SAMUI, wouldnt it be like """""EXCELLENT""". :D

30 years? That would be amazing since the airport has been around for less than 20.

And as it has already been previously pointed out, obviously this airline made a deal with Bangkok Air.

Good news for people who need to leave the country to do their visas, considerably nicer than the mini bus. Keep the reports coming!

30 years? That would be amazing since the airport has been around for less than 20.

And as it has already been previously pointed out, obviously this airline made a deal with Bangkok Air.

Good news for people who need to leave the country to do their visas, considerably nicer than the mini bus. Keep the reports coming!

I am not to sure about the 30 years thingy, but was told by a lot of thai friends that bangkok airways rented/bought the runway for 30years duration.

yeah, keep the reports coming, would be so much money save for the others.

2.) The flight was an hour long. I hadn't finished catching up on my e-mails before I landed...

I have to say it's been one of the toughest visa runs I've ever experienced... :D

Cinders.

How much baht did the flight cost? Did you book online?

The flights arrive and depart from the airport on Koh Samui NOT Suratthani.

There is one flight daily.

The plane leaves Penang at 11.30am (Penang Time) and arrives in Samui at 11.30am (Samui Time)

It then leaves Samui at 12.30pm (Samui Time) and arrives in Penang at 2.30pm (Penang Time)

If you want your 30-day stamp it's an overnight stay, fly out there one day, fly back the next.

If you want your Tourist/Work Visa it's a two-night stay. If you leave your passport at the embassy you have to pick it up the next day after 12pm (a guy coming back on the flight today told me) so you miss the next day flight back.

I spoke to a Firefly rep today on the plane. They're going to be running the service for 6 months to see if it's worth while. It is all low-budget stuff so no advertising has been done yet. So spread the word guys... (and gals!) They are looking to contact travel agents so you can book locally. Remember this is very new, has only been going for 2 weeks.

This is ideal for a visa run, it beats the mini-bus any day. My ticket was 400MYR which is approximately 3800 baht.

It was pretty funny today as there was only me and a Dutch guy on the plane coming back!... When we touched down we both got a personal announcement from the stewardess on the intercom - "Firefly thanks Mr.xxx and Mr.xxx for flying with us" - Now how many times does that happen in your life?... A personal jet!... well twin-prop anyway.

Peace,

Cinders.

Fireflyz is having problems with its on line booking service, alot of people have tried to book on line using a credit card and the transaction does not seem to process, There website does not accept payment nor decline it. Neither is there any ticket confirmation.

I believe that in some cases money has actually been debited from peoples cards.

I was advised to turn up at the airport and insist that fireflyz staff check if money has been debited, etc, and take it from there. Forget about calling there call centre the number is either constantly engaged or there is no answer.

I have also discussed this with a travel agent on Koh Pha Ngan who has registered as a Fireflyz agent, she tells me that she is very frustrated that she also can not make any booking on line booking at present either.

I really do hope that they can sort out these glitches, as the Samui to Penang service is a blessing for many tourists and expats who stay in this area.

MM

Return ticket 400MYR online (around 3800 Baht)

Definitely a bargain if you ask me. In my opinion the best way to do a visa run. I'd rather do this any day than endure the horrific organised visa run :o

Cinders.

Only for the Borderrun, I've been with Herbert several times - well organized, quick and clean, for barely 1500.-ThB! Back on Samui by 16:30!

If interested Phonenumber per PM....

Leaving Samui with any Bus to Hat Yai approx. 380.- ThB Hat Yai Penang approx. 300.- ThB 2 nights Hotel (Malaysia) 170 MR+ (approx. 2000 ThB) This way one can make the Visa Run to Penang for the price of the flight incl. 2 Nights stay!

And a nice Journey too!

But if one needs to go there quick - is a different story....

Just booked a one way penang to samui for 22nd may online. I had the same problems reported here using Firefox browser, but it worked first time using IE so maybe there is an issue with the browser compatability - if you have problems try using IE.

Well, having solved the booking problem I turned up at the airport in Penang yesterday at 9:30 am, nobody at the desk. I loitered until someone came along and sat behidn the desk, he checked my confirmed and paid ticket, spoke to someone on the phone, then told me the flight was not going today and directed me to the ticketing counter. Went there, the guy told me no flight today, no flight tomorrow, maybe on Thursday and I should come back then. MAYBE! I'm not sitting in Penang waiting to see if firefly decide to go or not. So I asked for a refund (takes up to 3 months, apparently) and had to fly to bkk with airasia then back to Samui.

If you are lucky enough to get there on a day that they fly I'm sure it's an easy solution, but if you are on a fixed timescale (e.g. you need to leave Samui that day for visa reasons) then getting to the airport and being told to come back a few days later might be an issue.