Beach Dvd Rip Off

jackmuu

Well, after all the time I have been living here I have never been ripped off and when I buy my DVD's in Bangkok I accept that the odd one might be no good but safe in the knowledge they always change it for me.

Today was the last day of a nice week in Pattaya and we were having a drink on the beach whilst waiting for our driver to bring us back to BKK. A tall curly headed ladt was selling DVD's and I asked her about the quality and she said they were all DVD copies and not cinema video camera jobs, she even warned me off one or two that were not good quality.

Cut a long story short, the lying bitch sold me a really crap copy (some were OK) but the one I specifically asked about she just blatantly lied about.

I have a god eye for faces so rest assured I will visit her again next time I am in Pattaya, but for anyone else, just a warning about this one.

Quality of copied goods is one thing, it is the blatant lying to your face that annoys me.

Everything else was great in Pattaya as usual but the turban tailor brigade on beach road are annoying beyond measure.

The sales person probably has never watched the video in question & therefore wouldn't know if it was good or bad. The line she gave you is fairly standard amongst those sellers.

Probably not a good idea to bring up the subject of buying copied (therefore illegal) stuff on TV. :o

A tall curly headed ladt was selling DVD's and I asked her about the quality and she said they were all DVD copies and not cinema video camera jobs, she even warned me off one or two that were not good quality.

Cut a long story short, the lying bitch sold me a really crap copy (some were OK) but the one I specifically asked about she just blatantly lied about.

Which film was it ?

A tall curly headed ladt was selling DVD's and I asked her about the quality and she said they were all DVD copies and not cinema video camera jobs, she even warned me off one or two that were not good quality.

Which film was it ?

The Bourne Ultimatum

Which film was it ?

The Bourne Ultimatum

Only recently came out, normally newer ones aren't good for a least a month. Keep that in mind when buying a new release, course if they have a studio copy then all is well.

Which film was it ?

The Bourne Ultimatum

Only recently came out, normally newer ones aren't good for a least a month. Keep that in mind when buying a new release, course if they have a studio copy then all is well.

Yeah that's why I checked with her, I thought it would be too soon but she assured me it was a DVD copy.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't know why you are so pist off. There is no way you can get a good copy of a movie that is still in the cinema. Simple rule when buying copy DVDs.

Not exactly true.... studio sends out copies to upper echelons of society. Studio copy gets nicked or sold and then u have a perfect copy - minus extras that normally appear on a dvd.

Which film was it ?

The Bourne Ultimatum

It only just came out at the cinema, how could it be a DVD copy.

Which film was it ?

The Bourne Ultimatum

It only just came out at the cinema, how could it be a DVD copy.

See post above

Which film was it ?

The Bourne Ultimatum

What a laugh. What did you expect, buying a copy of a movie just realeased in the cinema and not yet available on DVD? Too soon?....its still playing in Pattaya cinemas right now!

Edited by tropo

I don't know why you are so pist off. There is no way you can get a good copy of a movie that is still in the cinema. Simple rule when buying copy DVDs.

Not exactly true.... studio sends out copies to upper echelons of society. Studio copy gets nicked or sold and then u have a perfect copy - minus extras that normally appear on a dvd.

Think you are talking about screeners, the ones they give to the acadamy award voters etc... Tend to have logos and writing on them to identify them.

Which film was it ?

The Bourne Ultimatum

What a laugh. What did you expect, buying a copy of a movie just realeased in the cinema and not yet available on DVD? Too soon?....its still playing in Pattaya cinemas right now!

As has been said before, you CAN get good copies before it comes out on DVD.

> Quality of copied goods is one thing, it is the blatant lying to your face that annoys me.

100 Baht ! You won't like me when I'm angry !

How was she lying? She gave him the best possible copy of a yet to be released on DVD movie. How could can a camcorder copy be?

He saved 20 baht as it would have cost him 120 to watch it at the cinema...and he can watch it over and over.

As has been said before, you CAN get good copies before it comes out on DVD.

Please explain how you can get a good copy of a movie not yet released on DVD? What do you consider a good copy?

You bought a ripoff of a movie currently playing, knowing it was such, and though you overlook your own misdeeds you feel it's ok to unleash a stream of invective at this girl on the beach?

I think this is a case of getting what you asked for, and it's pretty lame to to bring "lying cow" into the conversation when you were actually doing a bit of thieving yourself. What does that make you?