Gem Of A Restaurant On Lad Phrao

Dr. Burrito

I ran across a little gem of a Thai restaurant close to my abode the other day,and since these people seem like such nice folk and have great food, thought I would pass it along.

The place is on Lad Phrao 35, which connects my street to Lad Phrao, so I drive right past it on the way home. It's owned by a farang and his Thai wife, very nice people indeed. The name is Krua Sang Dao, about half a kilometer on past Bale, if you are coming from Lad Phrao on the rght hand side. I admit, at first I thought I had found a new karaoke place, as there lights ablaze and so I stopped. No karaoke in sight though, but I was surprised as heck when I was greeted by this older than me farang who seemed very happy to see another farang.

There were quite a few customers, but I was the only whitey. :D

They serve a bit of an Isan style menu, but is some of the most cleanly prepared food I have had in a while. Not oily, not overdone, just frankly, nice.

The guy serves Beer Lao and some very Isan type music by a live band.

I know its a blatant plug for them, but hey, I think they deserve it. He's about as sociable a guy as I have met in a long time. Seems he used to live in Los Angeles. Guess he and the missus met there but are now back here. I had a great time and walked away a few pounds heavier for almost nothing, all things considered.

Can't speak highly enough of the place and them.

And no, he is not me. :o

Dr. B

Edited by Dr. Burrito

I guess it' close onto a kilometer. All I know is if you go from Lad Phrao, then you go to that hard left and hard right (close to Siam Legal). After that, its about a couple hundred yards up on the right. They have parking across the street.

They've done the place up very northern style, a bit open air and a bit inside.

Still developing I guess, but its a nice place to stop on the way home and to take the family too as well.

Dr. B