Thaksin's Riches - Did Present Powerful Profit?

thaigene2

Since this isn't appearing anywhere else...

Hasn't anyone considered this??

If I was a military guy with a big hat - striving to 'save the country' from some rip-off merchant Prime Minister, and since I am now THE BIGGEST GUY around - who can throw out the Constitution - and do whatever the F+CK I want...why wouldn't I IMMEDIATELY order the banks to freeze Thaksin's family's bank accounts???????

Wonder why? Wonder who might profit from doing little (or big) deals to 'help' the former square-head get his money out --- for a certain 'percentage'? No - I don't know either. Just seems weird that an immediate order to freeze accounts wasn't issued. As someone else said in this forum - the Hi-So's NEVER go to jail - just look at history - NEVER.

If I was a military guy with a big hat - striving to 'save the country' from some rip-off merchant Prime Minister, and since I am now THE BIGGEST GUY around - who can throw out the Constitution - and do whatever the F+CK I want...why wouldn't I IMMEDIATELY order the banks to freeze Thaksin's family's bank accounts???????

Wonder why? Wonder who might profit from doing little (or big) deals to 'help' the former square-head get his money out --- for a certain 'percentage'? No - I don't know either. Just seems weird that an immediate order to freeze accounts wasn't issued. As someone else said in this forum - the Hi-So's NEVER go to jail - just look at history - NEVER.

Boldly spoken, been thinking it for a while,but what can you do ,what can anyone do?

money talks!

always has!

always will!

regards

Madyakka

I've always wondered why some of the essential things didn't happen after the coup - quicker action on Talk-a-lot-sin and, more importantly, a serious push to explain to the masses (educate them if you will) what was bad about Mr. T. If I could follow Thai news and understand the screaming trucks going down the street maybe I'd feel differently, but my sense is that the coupsters didn't really try hard enough. Sure, martial law is a regular tool in their kit, but they didn't care to address the real problem behind money politics.

When the majority of the populace is uneducated and apathetic about who is in power (except when conned) what is going to change their minds?

The fact that so many folks in the North and Northeast still support Talksin is clear proof that there is another kind of elite agenda going on that does not really support true democracy.

:o

I've always wondered why some of the essential things didn't happen after the coup - quicker action on Talk-a-lot-sin and, more importantly, a serious push to explain to the masses (educate them if you will) what was bad about Mr. T. If I could follow Thai news and understand the screaming trucks going down the street maybe I'd feel differently, but my sense is that the coupsters didn't really try hard enough. Sure, martial law is a regular tool in their kit, but they didn't care to address the real problem behind money politics.

When the majority of the populace is uneducated and apathetic about who is in power (except when conned) what is going to change their minds?

The fact that so many folks in the North and Northeast still support Talksin is clear proof that there is another kind of elite agenda going on that does not really support true democracy.

:o

Some good points upcountry - still doesn't explain why a dictator unseating an elected govt (with huge popular support - love em or not - I didn't!), wouldn't freeze assets - remember he can do whatever the f+ck he wants.....so why why wait??

Because by acting hastily, they would have lost their "moral authority", which they claimed the coup was about. By letting the law run its course, and by turning over stone after stone (albiet slowely), they have laid the groundwork for solid convictions that, if garnered, will stand up in the international court of public opinion.

Let's not forget the Thai Military is way more corrupt than some self made billionair.

Let's also not forget, Thaksin was a telecommunications tycoon, long before politics.

The waelthiest guy in Thailand BEFORE he took office.

He ran dozens of companies and his wealth was spread around the world long ago.

The Thai Military has a right to freeze his personal accounts?

Boldly spoken, been thinking it for a while,but what can you do ,what can anyone do?

money talks!

always has!

always will!

regards

Madyakka

yes money talks in thailand ,2 farangs arrested for drug possesion ,1 rich ,1 poor ,1 goes to jail ,1 goes free ,fact :o

Let's also not forget that probably not all his money was in accounts with the name T. Shinawatra :o

he's not stupid ,the money frozen was only small change to him ,he new one day something might happen ,money was hidden long before the coup ..........

Well there is a certain book we can not talk about here that refers to Thaksin bailing out someone we can not mention after losses in the 97 financial crisis.

He also funded someone elses playboy activities but we can not mention that either - Thai friends in Singapore culd mention it last night though while we were watching to rugby and smiled when I said to them, "You could not say that in Thailand"

Well actually my point was that influential people (not necessarily the "ones" we CAN'T talk about - but some of the other ones we're not really "supposed" to talk about either - good god..what the f...!)..

My point WAS that 'somebody' I don't know who, helped him get his money out AFTER the coup. Now if you were running a coup with the highest backing, as many now suspect, how could that EVEN HAPPEN without a nod and presumably a commission to the right people? Because if that's not the case, then the place is wide open - cause the strongest guys seem unable to prevent some pretty basic things like money transfers!!

So - ya know - come on...I mean really just how naive are people? Personally I don't really care..but it's an interesting thought. Other fish to fry though..can't be bothered with this one anymore..

Edited by thaigene2