Most Annoying Thing\issue\rule\happening For You?

MarcoH

What is or has been most annoying "thing" what has happen to you on your time in LOS,,anywhere from Gov offices, to bank or in the local stores or people.

Im sure that all of us has something what has sometimes "eaten" us, because it's not so easy to dealing in here with vasious issues.

Should we open the "pandoras" box?

What is or has been most annoying "thing" what has happen to you on your time in LOS,,anywhere from Gov offices, to bank or in the local stores or people.

Im sure that all of us has something what has sometimes "eaten" us, because it's not so easy to dealing in here with vasious issues.

By all means........away you go :o

You know,

I try to go with the flow when I am in Thailand.

Just kick back and enjoy the heat, smell and everything else that comes with a Thai trip.

But the last time we were in Bangkok The Thai way almost tiped me.

All we wanted to do was to fly from BKK to Roi Et.

Only one airline does it and only once per day.

We phoned PB Air and they booked us three seats on the next flight, and tell us that it now leaves at 7.00 AM. from the new airport so we have to leave the hotel at 5.00 AM.

Great ( not )

We ask PB Air if we can get the tickets at an agent to save us going half way across Bangkok in all that traffic.

We were told " no problem you can pick up from some travel agent down the road"

Go to the travel agent down the road and they tell us with a smile " sorry no seats on that flight"

BUT we have the booking number here it is. It is allready confirmed!

Sorry no seats. With a smile.

The smile was driving me crazy because it meant nothing.

We had to ( or the wife had to ) spend 2 hours in BKK ttaffic in a taxi going to the office of PB Air just to pick up the silly little bits of paper.

Thailand thrives on silly little bits of paper.

This is what drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get to spend as much time as I would like over in Thailand but the single most thing that annoys me when there is RUBBISH management at my house. No matter what you seem to do Thais do not always get the point about throwing rubbish in the bin rather than over the wall or back of the house. Its a case again of "out of sight, out of mind". This ranges from workers who discarded their lunch after they were finished at the side of our land to coconuts thrown over the wall. My family are generally quite good now as I purchased a few wheelly bins like back at home here in the UK. Now they are into the habit of putting their rubbish in a bin and not burning or digging holes everywhere. This was the single most frustrating part of my last holiday right up until the point I got collections of waste organised by the local bin men. Even the bin men would not come right up to the house to collect and waited at road side, so I gave them a can of beer each and ever since they collect from our door or close by. :o Could you imagine giving your local bin men a beer in UK.....only in Thailand can this happen to get a job done!

Other than that I try also to go with the flow as most annoyances can be put down to differences of culture but Rubbish.....errrgggghhhh don't get me started on that. :D

THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT ALLOWING TOXIN TO OWN LAND AND HOUSING IN UK WITH NO WORK PERMIT / ( WHAT VISA HAS HE GOT ????>>>NOT TO MENTION A FOOTBALL CLUB .. I CAN~T ...HE CAN`T

Sorry twisted your post a little but I have been waiting for the opportunity to vent my spleen so to speak

A close sencond place to Rubbish for me would have to be double standards. One price for the local Thai and another price for the falang. Where else but Thailand would you get away with charging inflated prices so obviously to a person for having a different coloured skin.

Could you imagine Mr Singh up my local newsagents here in UK charging me double for a paper because I'm white. Ha Ha....

Having said this I still love the place when I'm there and most people would come to England and be pissed off the food is so bland or why is everyone eating fish and chips. The positives in Thailand seem to out weigh the negatives for me so i'm still keen to spend time over in LOS on holidays. Living there well....that's a whole different subject.

Farang men! Specifically farang men with Thai wives, who cannot see why we have a problem doing something like, oh, getting insurance on our home. "Oh, that's easy!" they say. But when questioned, they do not know the name of their insurance company, the location of the office, the phone number, or the cost. Their wife handled it all. Well, that's easy enough to understand. But will any of these men ever ask their wife what the name or location of the company is, so that we might be able to go there and get insurance? No. They won't. They don't want to help, even with just passing on information.

It's not just insurance. It's calling TOT when the DSL doesn't work, it's getting a driver's license, it's finding a place to buy propane, it's finding a good new place to eat, it's finding a close market, it's finding anything. I'm sure that if we were in the US I could do all of these things much faster than a Thai wife who speaks as much English as I speak Thai. But in the US there are many Thai wives, and they help each other. Here, there aren't enough American wives to make that possible.