Totally Confused

Hi all, I hope someone can help me, I have been to thailand many times on a 30 day tourist visa, on last visiting I thought that i would like to spend maybe a year here, so I have rented a house on a years lease and cant wait to get back. I am totally confused as to what visa I require, I think that I am correct in assuming a one year multiple entry visa is what I need which I believe means I have to leave the country every ninety days, I would be very grateful if someone could help.

regards Alan (UK)

From Thailand's perspective, the only thing you are legitimately eligible for is a 60 day tourist visa. After 60 days, go soemwhere else.

But - if you apply to the Thai consulate at Hull, and tell them you are planning to go to UK to invest in a start-up business, and ask for a one-year multiple-entry Class B visa, there is a reasonable chance that they will give you one. With that, you will be given a90 day entry upon arrival, and you will just have to make border crossing runs once every 90 days.Cheers!

Indo-Siam

You should have no trouble getting a visa from Hull.

Another alternative is to apply to them for a Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant 'O' on the grounds of 'visiting friends'. All you will need is a letter of guarantee from a friend or relative, don't worry about the wording as they even post a sample letter on their website. I have had several such visas from Hull, they really are most helpful and throughly deserve their reputation for being so. Their website is www.thaiconsul-uk.com

Good luck.

If you are over 50 you can apply for a Non Immigrant O visa and say you want to retire here. Show your house lease when applying.

Hull may be willing to give you a multi-entry. That will allow you to stay, 90 days, then do a border hop to get a new 90 days.

Under 50 the Tourist visa is the way to go.

Try for a triple entry, and apply at the very last minute before you travel.

The visa is valid for 6 months, but with careful use you can stay the best part of 9 months.

First entry 60 days.

Apply for 30 day extension, at immigration office 1900 baht

Border hop.

60 day entry stamp

Apply for 30 day extension at immigration office 1900 baht

Now the good bit. You may not use all your extension, but watch the expiry date of the visa stamped in your passport. On or before the last day, do a border hop and come back to get the third 60 days. By the time you have used another 30 day extension you will have been here the best part of 9 months

Wondering how much longer Hull will be offering Non Immigrant O visas on the grounds of 'visiting friends' or using to 'invest in a start-up business, and ask for a one-year multiple-entry Class B visa'? How soon before the answer becomes "sorry guys, they're making me comply with the embassy rules from now on."

Wondering how much longer Hull will be offering Non Immigrant O visas on the grounds of 'visiting friends' or using to 'invest in a start-up business, and ask for a one-year multiple-entry Class B visa'? How soon before the answer becomes "sorry guys, they're making me comply with the embassy rules from now on."

That is a very real danger of a forum like this.

Hull could be in trouble and Brisbane, we praise and reommend both.