Long stay winter.

For some years now I have arrived in Thailand in November with a 60 day visa and have got the 30 day extension without problems.  At 65 years old, handicapped & on crutches, rather poor, I am trying to establish how I might spend a total of 4 months in the Kingdom? Since I will be in Ko Samui, the option of a ferry trip to the mainlaind & train to Butterworth is out, what choices does one have?  I would very much like to winter-over in Samui for 4 months this year and could really appreciate some advice in this matter.

Apply for a double entry Tourist visa. The first portion of it will give you 60 days plus extension available for 30 days (500 baht). Total three months.

Second entry will give you 60+30 as well (another 3 months).

Voila! Total = 6 months.

Hi there and thanks for the info.  Unfortunatly I am well crocked, elderly and on a pair of crutches.  So the idea of leaving Thailand after a 2 months visa plus an additional month, with a double entry visa to get another entry stamp is just not on, . Even getting from Don Muang international to Bangkok airways in domestic, then down to Samui, as I am travelling alone, is really a major nightmare for me!  So I still wonder how I can manage a long-stay of 4 months or so without having to leave Samui half way thru' the trip?  Any advice greatfuuly received.

BigBob

:o