Polite Request.

Hi all,

May I please as a favour of those who are familiar with Bangkok and her Districts?

I have endeavoured to seek out schools in the Metropolis. I am facing utter confusion as to which are the better districts to reside and work. I would like somewhere central, but not too central I can do without to much noise both at work and at rest.

For example, I have an been offered, only this morning, further discussion with the following location/school.

Location; RomKraw, Near Suvarnaphumi Airport

Class size: 25-30 Students per class.

Grade 7-12

How far is the school from the Centre of Bangkok please?

I am seeking Aagood area, safe and clean, and a good school, preferably a M1 to M6 /Grade 6 to 12 Female school. As it is a female school where I have just completed my first full school year, there are a few boys at the school, however, I found them lazy and not interested in an education.

Please, anyone, can you help me in my predicament?

Many thanks,

Mike

ps: Feel free to Private Message me :o

LatKraBang is the area near the airport (if you use the motorway from Chonburi the toll booth closest to BKK is in LatKrabang) it is not in BKK proper and is not close to the city center. You can see KMITL (engineering University in Latkrabang) from the motorway

Getting in and out of town cheaply and quickly will be an issue if you do not own a car.

It's quite a way out from central Bangkok, but not to bad an area from what I know. Alot of Uni students in that area as KMIT is over there. Nearby you have places like Seacon Square, Seri Centre in respect of large shopping malls. There is no rail link at present, but I assume that the new airport link might take in this area. On Srinakarin Road there are a number of decent bars and places to eat.

I'd say it's a good 4O minutes by car to get into central Bangkok from there.

Thanks for the information so far. You are being really helpful.

I do not have a car, and wherever possible, I avoid Motorycycle taxis, like the Plague.

Is accomodation cheaper round there? Is it a failry modern area? Is thee much noise from, considering the ongoing battles with local residents, of airport noise and compensation etc?

You should find some fairly reasonably priced places out that way. I'd suggest having a look at the website homedd.com, there are plenty of places in the area, at pretty good prices.