Louis Tavern Day Rooms

We have a long layover at the airport in the middle of a Thailand-VietNam-Philippines-Thailand trip. Although the layover is long, we don't really want to taxi into the city and taxi back. Does anyone have any review at all on the Day Rooms? We would like to just rest a bit, we get to our next destination at 3:30AM.

We have a long layover at the airport in the middle of a Thailand-VietNam-Philippines-Thailand trip. Although the layover is long, we don't really want to taxi into the city and taxi back. Does anyone have any review at all on the Day Rooms? We would like to just rest a bit, we get to our next destination at 3:30AM.

Hi JersyGirl,

I think not many TV members have used the Louis Tavern Day rooms, since they are I believe very expensive.

You could check out the following tread for alternative lodgings in the airports vicinity http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=158365

cheers

onzestan

My experience with them at Don Muang may not apply in any manner, but I offer these comments anyway. They only apply if you arrive on an international flight that allows you to continue on internationally (e.g., flying Thai Airways coming in to "enter" Thailand in Chiangmai Internional Airport). I say this because my limited knowledge says they are only in the international terminal. I could look this up, but will let you do that.

I loved staying in them (even though the Don Muang ones were old). After a long flight it was a godsend to not have to go through immigration and customs (even if not picking up luggage) and just stay in the international terminal. I carried clean underware with me, so I showered and changed and felt like a normal person again. When not sleepy, I wandered around the duty free shops and restaurants. Flying business class, I could go into the lounge for free food/drink (as long as they were still open). And then I checked in at a special transfer counter and was buses past the domestic terminal directlly to the airplane.

The expense vs the convenience and added comfort is relative. I will use them any time I can and feel they are well worth the cost.

Make sure you have reservations. I saw many travelers stuck in the international terminal for long periods because of late arrivals and missing connecting flights being turned away one after another because of no vacancies.

My son, on the other hand, has made many trips in through Suvarnabhumi and preferred walking over to the on site hotel that is only about 100 meters from the terminal. He enjoyed the full service hotel enough to make the additional effort worth it to him. But then he usually had more time to spend than I did (my layovers were usually just around 8 hours).