Affordable Laundry

zorro1

I'm currently paying 80bht/kilo for my laundry and I like to change sheets and towels regular and it can come to 10kg a week. Relatively, laundry is fairly expensive. Anyone make any recommendations or is what I got good already?

Edited by zorro1

thats expensive indeed. are u residing in a luxury Condo ? usually, the BKK laundries will charge per item, not per Kilo..... but should be easy to find a much cheaper laundry in almost any part of the city.....

I'm currently paying 80bht/kilo for my laundry and I like to change sheets and towels regular and it can come to 10kg a week. Relatively, laundry is fairly expensive. Anyone make any recommendations or is what I got good already?

Have only seen such services in the outlying areas of BKK, or out of town (i.e. Pattaya). Most services here are by the piece and consequently much more expensive than 80 baht a kilo. I'd be interested in finding out where you go to.

Edited by mauiguy90

I pay 500 Baht in advance for 40 pieces (Shirts or pants), that includes the ironing. after more than one year, the laundry wasnt able to destroy or misshandle any of my shirts. no complaints. cold water washing, of course.

other items they charge individually, but thats MUCH cheaper than 80 baht per Kilo....

f.e., a huge bathtowel, which may already weigh half a kilo, costs 15 Baht. underpants or pair of socks, 5 Baht each.....

the usual price if charged per Kilo should be 30 Baht in a Thai-neighborhood, or maybe up to 50 baht in a "quality-tourist" - location....

in Indonesia, next to a luxury condominium in Bandung, I recently paid 4000 Rupiah per Kilo in a laundry, including ironing. thats a mere 15 Baht per Kilo....

I used to pay big money for laundry....then asked one of the cleaning ladies in the building where I may get it done cheaper....she volunteered to do it at a great price....ask around your building, I'm sure you'll find a taker.

would have been handy to tell where you are situated, BKK is fairly big.....

This is clearly a farang-aimed price. The tipical low-budget price is 25/30 bt/kg. signs should be so abvious anywhere where more as 1 farang stays- walk into that little side-soi.

Perhaps (but unlikely, estimating the price you seem to pay), about ANY local style aprtmt building will have do-yourself washers at 20/30 bt/load of 5/6 kgr. bring soap. only cold water.

I pay 160 baht for whatever I can fit in one big bin bag (week's worth of clothes, towels and bedsheets) at Suriwong Laundry... friendly little Thai-style laundry shop near the steps to Thonglor BTS station (the exit near Suk 53).