Business Lounge

Hi GTG,

I don't know if QATAR airways have a dedicated lounge, or whether they share with another/several airlines. Just ask where it is at the check in desk. Usually the business class lounges can be found on the 3rd floor.

Good luck.

Hiya,anybody can help me.I am flying business class on Qatar Airlines too Doha,upon asking Qatar office in Bangkok,they did not know where the Business Lounge was in Swampy.Anyboy can enlighten me please??.

Qatar uses Thai lounges. Location depends on which berth the plane is allocated. Usually the closest lounge to that, but I guess you can use any Thai lounge.

cheers

onzestan

From their website... (well hidden)

''Premium Passengers

Passengers travelling First or Business class on Qatar Airways will receive an invitation for the Royal Orchid Lounge, at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Passengers will experience 5- star hospitality at the Premium Terminal in Doha, exclusively for passengers in transit and travelling First or Business class on Qatar Airways. This experience begins from the time you walk into the terminal until you depart.''

Have fun

G

I used one last month at Swampy... Etihad now use them. Excellent, good food, drinks and relaxing. I've got pics for a trip report that I am in the process of publishing on Flyertalk but so far have only got as far as Abu Dhabi on the outward journey so have yet to get these on line.

If you're flying this week have fun, otherwise I'll have the report finished by the end of the week.

• 1 month later...

tolsti,

bit late - but did you post your trip report on flyertalk? Got a link?

Have to agree with lounge food in Royal Orchid Lounge, but the showers and other general facilities are well worthwhile. I have become a heathen lately, taking my Burger King whopper into the lounge, or scoffing it after take off - much to the amusement of anyone nearby.... which reminds me - phazey, do you lot want whoppers brought to Yangon next trip? :o

Hi.. I've only got the first part done so far... sorry but the pressure of trying to find a job at the mo over here is heavy......I will get it done as soon as poss and pm you with a link. Sorry.... :o

tolsti,

bit late - but did you post your trip report on flyertalk? Got a link?

Have to agree with lounge food in Royal Orchid Lounge, but the showers and other general facilities are well worthwhile. I have become a heathen lately, taking my Burger King whopper into the lounge, or scoffing it after take off - much to the amusement of anyone nearby.... which reminds me - phazey, do you lot want whoppers brought to Yangon next trip? :o

Complete the following song lyric to discover my answer:

Team America! .... ....!

Toodle pip.

The lounges in Swampy have slowly come up to some kind of decent standard.

When Swampy first opened they (actually 'it' as there was only one open) were in short absolutely shocking! The one lounge was obviously so full you couldn't get a seat, no internet access whatsoever, no food to speak of . . . etc.

However these days they are good (compared to a BA lounge they are fantastic!) - the wireless internet works, good selection of drinks and the food is actually ok. Particularly if you are in there around lunch or dinner time when they have stirfried noodle and rice available.

The snacks any other time aren't mind blowing - but they go down alright with beer! :o

Far better than pitiful BA lounges but still have someway to go to match Singapore Airlines at Changi . . . :D

TG have five business class (Royal Silk/Royal Orchid) lounges at SBIA, six if you count the one in Concourse A (Domestic); one in concourse D, two in C and two in E. All on level three. Not all of them have showers, at least as far as I have been able to determine from reading trip reports on the various travel forums. Since I start and end my trips at SBIA this hasn't been a factor for me. I confess I only have used the lounge in concourse D (~ 40 times) , just because it is large and centrally located. I think it's one of the nicer business class lounges I've been in. Not as nice as the SKL in SIN but nearly so. (BTW, the first class TG lounge and associated Spa, in concourse D are magnificent.)

I have to say I flew out of SBIA on the first day and was able to use a lounge, CIP which had plenty of food and free internet access.

Qatar Airways uses the Thai lounges and they are good. Quiet (almost empty; see photo). Qatar Business class is far superior to Emirates Business class.

The food in the lounges is basic (bland sandwiches) but the selection of booze makes up for that.

Photos of Thai lounge

post-26634-1216879267_thumb.jpg

post-26634-1216879397_thumb.jpg

TG have five business class (Royal Silk/Royal Orchid) lounges at SBIA, six if you count the one in Concourse A (Domestic); one in concourse D, two in C and two in E. All on level three. Not all of them have showers, at least as far as I have been able to determine from reading trip reports on the various travel forums.

You go to C concourse for showers. I think there was only one in the lounge I went to, but it was in a gigantic bathroom. Literally as big as my whole flat.

There ware also 3 attendants who went in to mop up after me!

The lounges in Swampy have slowly come up to some kind of decent standard.

When Swampy first opened they (actually 'it' as there was only one open) were in short absolutely shocking! The one lounge was obviously so full you couldn't get a seat, no internet access whatsoever, no food to speak of . . . etc.

However these days they are good (compared to a BA lounge they are fantastic!) - the wireless internet works, good selection of drinks and the food is actually ok. Particularly if you are in there around lunch or dinner time when they have stirfried noodle and rice available.

The snacks any other time aren't mind blowing - but they go down alright with beer! :o

Far better than pitiful BA lounges but still have someway to go to match Singapore Airlines at Changi . . . :D

Sounds like you haven't been to the BA lounges at T5? Different class

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Thai lounge is good, but the food is a bit of a waste of time. Had a shower in a bathroom that was as big as my flat...

I was in the ''E'' lounge recently and although it was never was fantastic previously ( food wise ) there is a marked drop off in whats on offer.

TG have five business class (Royal Silk/Royal Orchid) lounges at SBIA, six if you count the one in Concourse A (Domestic); one in concourse D, two in C and two in E. All on level three. Not all of them have showers, at least as far as I have been able to determine from reading trip reports on the various travel forums.

You go to C concourse for showers. I think there was only one in the lounge I went to, but it was in a gigantic bathroom. Literally as big as my whole flat.

There ware also 3 attendants who went in to mop up after me!

E lounge may also have a shower ( saw somenone walk by towel in hand )

Anyone know of business lounge arrangements, if any at Manchester Airport, for Qatar ?

They fly out of terminal 2 of course, but if not there, is there something available at the other terminal.

Thanks

marshbags :o

According to their Bangkok office business class passengers can use the BA lounge at Manchester Airport before their flight. :D

As a silver member of Emirates, are there any lounge facilities available to me at Swampy?

only burger king mate you will have to wait untill you get to dubai

Only Emirates Gold card holders get lounge access at Suvarnabumphi, however do what I did:

Spray your silver card with gold paint, then present it at the lounge together with your boarding pass. Push your Emirates boarding pass into the receptionists hands whilst waving the 'Gold' card high in the air and speaking maniacally about how good Emirates are. Bingo: Lounge access and free booze........