Drinking Tap Water In Cm...

plastacasta

Hi all,

am fairly new to CM and was just wondering what your thoughts are on drinking the local water supply. I would never do so in certain countries, but here at least, I don't think that there is the level of illness as say, in India, and the water seems to come out clean and colorless. Always a good sign! and if it's good enough for the locals...

With a good boil, do you think it's safe?

I assume, after all that when I drink my coffee and tea in a local restaurant that it's made with tap water, and the salad I order has been washed in it, and the rice or spaghetti I buy cooked in it...

I can hardly see the restaurants and food stalls I eat at cooking/making drinks with bottled water!

Thoughts?

Hi all,

am fairly new to CM and was just wondering what your thoughts are on drinking the local water supply. I would never do so in certain countries, but here at least, I don't think that there is the level of illness as say, in India, and the water seems to come out clean and colorless. Always a good sign! and if it's good enough for the locals...

With a good boil, do you think it's safe?

I assume, after all that when I drink my coffee and tea in a local restaurant that it's made with tap water, and the salad I order has been washed in it, and the rice or spaghetti I buy cooked in it...

I can hardly see the restaurants and food stalls I eat at cooking/making drinks with bottled water!

Thoughts?

You are not drinking tap water per se in any restaurants that I know of--they all use the water available from the lorries that trawl around with 20 litre white/blue plastic containers--as for washing your salads, boiling your rice--maybe this might be tap but not sure--generally Thais,[ city-wallahs anyway], don't drink tap water--up country is different--here they do drink 'nampapa'. As a farang, which I presume you are, you would be ill-advised to drink tap water.

My plastic water tank had a filter system stacked on top of it. Metal trays, with a charcoal type substance on the top tray.

Hadnt been cleaned out for 2 years.. went to have a look, and the cats who were able to get on to the top of the tray had been using it as a litter tray. :o

Nice. The Fan doesnt rinse her mouth with tap water on our mooban, i do.

Also the water tank had filled with green algae stuck to the side, and needed to be scrubbed down.

Done away with the open air tray on top ( designed to catch rain water ) for a sealed lid.

As our interview drew to a close Jaroon told me that the only infected water he'd come across lately was from the ice that is transported in sacks, not only are the sacks reused but the transportation process can contaminate the ice

Edited by UKWEBPRO

the locals do not drink tap water so i do not.

The locals who know, do. The basic water supply is safe to drink. The only problems might be with the pipes that you 'own'. A reasonable filter will take care of most any problems. :o

I will be drinking tap water daily, but I am running it through a few filters first.

# 5 micron sediment filter

# GAC pre-filter

# Carbon block pre-filter

# High rejection TFC membrane 50 gpd

# Inline post filter for final polishing of the water

# high output UV filter with transformer for 100% bacteria kill

# 100% mixed bed DI resin filter for ultra purification

I think this will make me feel a bit more comfortable about the water. Not as expensive as you might think either.