Anyone Tried Out Joe Jets? (burgers)

jobje3

Hi y'all,

Has anyone already tried out Joe Jets Burger Emporium? I saw it opened recently on Huay Keaw Rd., but haven't found time yet to try them out. It looks pretty much like an american diner and its opposite Ozone internet cafe (on the left hand side of Boat restaurant).

Cheers,

Job

Yesyerday, I ordered from 'Meals on wheels for u' a cheeseburger, chili dogs, fries, and a peanut butter-banana milkshake from Joe Jets. As expected, the milkshake arrived melted and tasted like crap. The fries were warm and edible, while the chilidog had the best tasting hot dog I've had in Chiang Mai. The Cheeseburger was HUGE, great bun, and was absolutely delicious :o

Edited by Ajarn

Yesyerday, I ordered from 'Meals on wheels for u' a cheeseburger, chili dogs, fries, and a peanut butter-banana milkshake from Joe Jets. As expected, the milkshake arrived melted and tasted like crap. The fries were warm and edible, while the chilidog had the best tasting hot dog I've had in Chiang Mai. The Cheeseburger was HUGE, great bun, and was absolutely delicious :o

I think I've found Elvis

My husband and I eat there at least once a week. I think their food is wonderful, but I stick to fish and the like. Hubster loves their burgers and fries. I like that you have the option of spaghetti as a side dish instead of fries.

I gave it a try and ordered the double bacon burger with cheese-fries... the burger is massive and the bun is great and fresh... probably the best burger in town if i have to be honest. The cheese they use is not like a piece of plastic, but quality grated cheddar cheese... love it!! :o

Thanks for the review, that sounds awesome!!! (The dissappointments I think were related to the delivery; fries also don't travel all that well usually.)

where is this place on Huay Keaw?? Don't know where Boat restaurant is or where the Ozone Cafe is. Any other more popular landmarks? Parking available?

I think it is right up the top end of Huay Kaew Road (just before entrance to university). I will be going to find it and give it a try in a day or two. :o

Edited by piercefilmlid

To give the lamest instructions in the world, it's just 2 doors down from the 7-11.

Sorry, couldn't resist! If you cross Canal Road, it's like 3 blocks up, on the left side, and has a lot of yellow paint and signage. I know, I know. I give lousy directions. It really is 2 doors from the 7-11 though, and the T-10 restaurant occupies the left-hand corner just before it, and the Boat occupies the corner right before it. Crap. Am I making it worse? :o

To give the lamest instructions in the world, it's just 2 doors down from the 7-11.

Sorry, couldn't resist! If you cross Canal Road, it's like 3 blocks up, on the left side, and has a lot of yellow paint and signage. I know, I know. I give lousy directions. It really is 2 doors from the 7-11 though, and the T-10 restaurant occupies the left-hand corner just before it, and the Boat occupies the corner right before it. Crap. Am I making it worse? :o

Cross the Canal Road coming from town or from Doi Suthep???

Thanks for the review, that sounds awesome!!! (The dissappointments I think were related to the delivery; fries also don't travel all that well usually.)

Yes, for sure if I had gone there to eat, eveything (except the skake, of course) would have been great. I think it is the best Cheeseburger I have had in Thailand.. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist! If you cross Canal Road, it's like 3 blocks up, on the left side, and has a lot of yellow paint and signage. I know, I know. I give lousy directions. It really is 2 doors from the 7-11 though, and the T-10 restaurant occupies the left-hand corner just before it, and the Boat occupies the corner right before it. Crap. Am I making it worse? :D

Complete and utter confusion!! As you cross the canal road you have the demolished chinese restaurant on your right, with Dunkin Duffnuts on the other side of the road. Then on the right is a bridal gown shop, a small soi then the 7/11. You say it's on the left hand side, but the 7/11 is on the right :o I'm confused.......which is nothing new :D

:D

Sorry, couldn't resist! If you cross Canal Road, it's like 3 blocks up, on the left side, and has a lot of yellow paint and signage. I know, I know. I give lousy directions. It really is 2 doors from the 7-11 though, and the T-10 restaurant occupies the left-hand corner just before it, and the Boat occupies the corner right before it. Crap. Am I making it worse? :D

Complete and utter confusion!! As you cross the canal road you have the demolished chinese restaurant on your right, with Dunkin Duffnuts on the other side of the road. Then on the right is a bridal gown shop, a small soi then the 7/11. You say it's on the left hand side, but the 7/11 is on the right :o I'm confused.......which is nothing new :D

A map , a map a cheeseburger for a map !!!!! The weekend is in dire danger of being ruined.

My husband and I eat there at least once a week. I think their food is wonderful, but I stick to fish and the like. Hubster loves their burgers and fries. I like that you have the option of spaghetti as a side dish instead of fries.

so great to have a lady on TV. but not sure about the idea of cheeseburger with spaghetti on the side and washed down with a peanut - banana shake sounds didgusting

I went, I saw, I got lost. I know Huay Kaew Road. I used to walk to the CMU entrance. I saw no Joe, no Jets, not even Benny and the Jets At the precise location described, two doors before the last 7-11 before the lavender barred fence of CMU, is a California burger place. I know the boat, the Boat knows me, we don't know no stinkin' jets. California, however, had an excellent double burger set with cheese for 88 baht including a soft drink. Not sure if it is the best ever, but great.

If you do go there, do not tell them that Joe sent you. You may, however, tell them the recently recolored blond guy with the equally recolored pony tail sent you.

I went, I saw, I got lost. I know Huay Kaew Road. I used to walk to the CMU entrance. I saw no Joe, no Jets, not even Benny and the Jets At the precise location described, two doors before the last 7-11 before the lavender barred fence of CMU, is a California burger place.

Indeed. It's not that your directions are bad, rrose, they're just wrong. Joe Jets is no where near the 7-11. The place you're describing is the place PeaceBlondie found, the California Grill, which is a little hole in the wall with decent food. Joe Jets is at least 250 meters before that situated about halfway between Mo'C Mo'L and the Boat, and the best landmark is indeed the Ozone Net, which is directly across the street. Just nextdoor is a place called "Milk Zone" with it's name written large in christmas lights.

As for Joe Jet's itself, I tried it tonight, and it's pretty good. I had a bacon cheeseburger, and it was great. The patty was quite large, and the beef quality is good. The fries are also good, but not included with the burger.

The atmosphere is rather like an American old style burger cafe type place, with lots of red. The floors are concrete and the walls are concrete painted grey, which, at night anyway, gives it a bit of a cold atmosphere, and the A/C was set pretty cold, so the cold air contributed further to that effect. The layout and furnishings are cute, and they have little tiny black and white TV's on the tables, that actually work! All in all, a great place to try out...

Thanks, drysdan. But since both those places are 23 km from my house, I need to find a burger joint near the railroad station.

My recommendation, if near the train station is; go to Upper Crust and try the Mango Cream pie (not cheescake). I noticed they sell a burger (which I haven't tried), but just the pie will make the trip worthwhile.

Thanks, LRB. There is always McDonald's at Carrefour. I think I also heard there is a cheap roadside burger stand on the old highway to Borsang and San Khampaeng, just after the first or second real ring road.

Where is Upper Crust?

Across the street from the RR station.