Rain Soon In Cm Fingers Crossed

sendbaht

Looking at my Yahoo 10 day weather forecast it shows for CM..

"maybe" scattered T-storms Sat Mar 14th, AM showers Sun Mar 15th. scattered T-storms Mar 19th, scattered T-storms Mar 20th, scattered showers Mar

21st......not a religions man but lets still all pray some this is true..:o can I get a AMEN!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at my Yahoo 10 day weather forecast it shows for CM..

"maybe" scattered T-storms Sat Mar 14th, AM showers Sun Mar 15th. scattered T-storms Mar 19th, scattered T-storms Mar 20th, scattered showers Mar

21st......not a religions man but lets still all pray some this is true.. :o can I get a AMEN!

Weather forecasts in Thailand are useless.

The most accurate weather forecast are yesterdays actual weather reports. (Go to weather.com, type 'Chiang Mai, Thailand' in the box and then go to 'Yesterday'. There you will see the best weather forecast for the foreseeable future. :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

would it help if we arranged a flashmob of every TV member in chiang mai, travelled up to the top of doi suthep, all breathed in one deep breath and then attempted to blow the smog east? it might work.

It might work. But that one deep breath could be our last one. Count me out.

Edited by adjan jb

would it help if we arranged a flashmob of every TV member in chiang mai, travelled up to the top of doi suthep, all breathed in one deep breath and then attempted to blow the smog east? it might work.

Hi Khun StevieH,

That's a very creative suggestion ! However we must consider the fact that the absence of rain is caused by the Nagas being lazy; right now they are lolling around in the great waters that surround Tavatimsa Suwan (Heaven), as usual, their rain-making duties forgotten even though they can hear the cries from the parched throat of Mae Nam.

Another problem may be : while so many TV members are obviously expert at sucking, it is not clear how well they can blow.

Since water-throwing melees (Songkraan) are the proven method (sympathetic magic) of getting the Nagas off their duffs and making rain, I suggest a combination of your idea, and a water-throwing melee.

regards, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

I say Amen..

Feels like I live in LA these last few days. My eyes are a waterin' and a burnin.

Likewise, Amen.

I assume LA means Los Angeles gpdjohn? I lived there for many years and my eyes never watered and burned like they do here. I have to use 2 different eye drops now, twice a day. :o

That's a very creative suggestion ! However we must consider the fact that the absence of rain is caused by the Nagas being lazy; right now they are lolling around in the great waters that surround Tavatimsa Suwan (Heaven), as usual, their rain-making duties forgotten even though they can hear the cries from the parched throat of Mae Nam.

Another problem may be : while so many TV members are obviously expert at sucking, it is not clear how well they can blow.

Since water-throwing melees (Songkraan) are the proven method (sympathetic magic) of getting the Nagas off their duffs and making rain, I suggest a combination of your idea, and a water-throwing melee.

regards, ~o:37;

o37, your suggestion indeed has far more merit and also includes that intrinsic mythical element which helps make chiang mai such a magical place. far better to place the trust and onus on the nagas than on the idle masses who inhabit this place. :o

I grew up in Los Angeles too. What a fun place to live as a kid in the 50s and 60s. Even as a adult living at the beach was the best.

Though as great as it was smog controled are outside play time at school. I remember having "smog alerts" where we had to stay inside instead of playing outside in the playground. Oh well.

As I type this I can see the Doi Suthep mountain range as clear has I have seen it in weeks. Nice!!!!!

Edited by sendbaht

I have to say it's remarkable how the air cleared this afternoon, even without rain. It seemed to me the wind started blowing from a different direction.

And it's also noteworthy that this results in cleared views, but still you smell smoke from local fires when you're near them, and there were plenty.

Could Unlysses have been right all along in claiming that local small fires really have no significant effect on the overall atmosphere/weather, just a local effect?

Could Ulysses have been right all along in claiming that local small fires really have no significant effect on the overall atmosphere/weather, just a local effect?

You must be thinking of someone else. I said that stopping local fires would still leave a lot of smoke from surrounding areas and other countries.

Its bad and so far its not getting any better. This is the truth.. Of course you will hear the people that have interest in getting your tourist dollar. Their line is all is well.. just don't look at the man behind the curtain! It didn't fly in Oz and it wont fly here.

Just started to see some lightning and low rumble of thunder out towards Hang Dong, and yes, a few drops of rain.

As soon as I read your post I went outside, I too can now hear the thunder and witness some lighting, no rain yet, but looking good.

Some distant thunder... rain rain glorious rain is coming..!!

I think I can take credit for this one.

I spent all morning pumping water to fill a half dozen holding tanks with water for irrigation. Spent all afternoon watering parched fruit trees, having given up on rain appearing anytime soon. Works every time.

Yep, defo building up. Those flying ant things are starting to come out and the allmighty Google also shows spots of rain for cm (for Wed at least). If it does piss it down, be sure to take cover for the first downpour while it strips that crap out the sky :o

Noticed the flying ant thingys too. I guess they are a general sign of rain right? Good news for sure. Hopefully will have a lovely clear sky afterwards?

Last night I stepped out on the front porch to feed the dog and ran smack into a mass of them though they were much smaller then normal. First thought, do they know something I don't. :o