Polluted Air In Chiang Mai - Forecast For Songkran...

Sturbuc

sturbuc.

i'm interested in some realistic prognosis for April and May 2009.

the answer to your question is simple !

it will be HOT , HOT And HOTTER every day in april and may and it will probably rain every day for a few ? hours ( Usually in the afternoons ) as as well

does that answer your question ?

dave2

sturbuc.

it will be HOT , HOT And HOTTER every day in april and may and it will probably rain every day for a few ? hours ( Usually in the afternoons ) as as well

dave2

Well, regarding to the topicof this thread i do know about summertime but i expect some advice about the polluted air. Mind the children!

I think that the fires are usually gone by then, so not much pollution, but it usually only rains during a few days of the Songkran holiday (the mango rains) and is dry other than that. It usually starts raining - and cooling down - towards the end of May.

sturbuc.

dave2

Well, regarding to the topicof this thread i do know about summertime but i expect some advice about the polluted air. Mind the children!

If you were to wait until one month after the holiday you would be almost certain that the worst of the burning season was over. Historically there has been a push to try and make rain through artificial means just prior to the holiday but this has not always been successful - it was two years ago as I recall that the Governor of CM considered extending the holiday by a couple of days since it was thought that revelers throwing water at each other might in itself help alleviate the dire air quality.