Mountain Bike Shops?

Are there any decent bicycle shops for mountain or BMX bicycles in Samui (or Surat), not the type form tesco that fall apart after a week.

no

What happenned to the American woman, I think she was on the right hand side just after Hinta Hinyai, if you're heading to Nathon, Red baron was it called? She used to have some decent mountain bikes a few years back.

Regards Bojo

Bojo -it was called Red Bicycle and they had to pack it in...great bikes, tours, even a very competent repairman, but just not enough folks coming through the door...closest bike shop is Surat Thani selling Trek and other recognized brands. I'll ask my guys for nore info

Are there any decent bicycle shops for mountain or BMX bicycles in Samui (or Surat), not the type form tesco that fall apart after a week.

no

Nice Response 'Pasta Head'

Was covered in this thread in June; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Koh-Samui-Mt...p;hl=bike+shops

A few good shops in Surat - you know, the same (Surat) that appeared in parentheses in the OP!

If you type 'bicycle' in the TV Koh Samui search engine you will see this topic has pretty regular (repeated) coverage.

Plenty of mountain bikes in the Donsak and Khanom areas - mostly purchased in (Surat).

There - that wasn't too difficult being helpful - was it??

no

Was covered in this thread in June; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Koh-Samui-Mt...p;hl=bike+shops

A few good shops in Surat - you know, the same (Surat) that appeared in parentheses in the OP!

If you type 'bicycle' in the TV Koh Samui search engine you will see this topic has pretty regular (repeated) coverage.

Plenty of mountain bikes in the Donsak and Khanom areas - mostly purchased in (Surat).

No, not in samui

Here is what I have:

• SURATTHANI

1. Sunthornwanit

293/29-30 Tlatmai Road, Tlatkaset 1 , Suratthani Tel. 077-273-950

2. CenterBike [Khun-ManTana] Mobile:081-9700486 E-Mail:[email protected]

58/9 Moo 2, Sriwichai Road, Muang, Suratthani Tel. 077-221-883-4

3. Surat –Mountainbike

46/50 Donnok Road, Muang, Suratthani 84000 Tel. 01-968-0111,676-9226

There used to be a Cannondale shop called "Red Bike" on Samui but they closed. The owner thought that maybe one of his mechanics might have started their own shop after he left. Maybe try to Google it. Please let me know if you find anything I don't have.

Cheers,

Chris

Bojo -it was called Red Bicycle and they had to pack it in...great bikes, tours, even a very competent repairman, but just not enough folks coming through the door...closest bike shop is Surat Thani selling Trek and other recognized brands. I'll ask my guys for nore info

Admittedly it's hot riding around Samui, but I'm sure a business would be sustainable, surely there's enough business out there with tourists, tours and expats etc for at least one shop.

Regards Bojo

no

Your post was about as helpful as the thread you posted.

Thanks.

Your post was about as helpful as the thread you posted.

Thanks.

OK - no need to PM me as the details of the bike shops in Surat already covered in post by Bike Thailand.

2. Center Bike well worth a visit - good selection and reasonable prices as well as after sales service. On the main road through Surat town - about 200 mtr on opposite side after the main Surat Hospital in the direction of Tesco Lotus.

Edited by yotspeed

I was looking for a decent one about 12 months ago and what I ended up with was an Asama Bikespace (don't laugh) from the bike shop in Nathon.

I ride to the top of the hills on the concrete and back down off road as well as loops round the island etc and it's been great so far - suntour front suspension and xt chainset for 12000 baht.

Only had the bearings replaced so far - I reckon it's a decent bike if you don't want to leave samui.

Regards

Admittedly it's hot riding around Samui, but I'm sure a business would be sustainable, surely there's enough business out there with tourists, tours and expats etc for at least one shop.

Regards Bojo

There were at least 3 on Samui already...but now they are gone !?!...one was near Menam post office, the other one on the road from Lamai beach road to the old petrol station and Red Bicycle, as mentioned already.

Actually Samui is not a good place to to ride a bicycle. Streets are too narrow and uneven, holes, countless bad manhole covers, too many cars, motorcycles and inside the island paths are too steep and difficult to ride...

That would be a challenge for TAT...

The bike shop in nathon (opposite samui mart) sometimes stocks Giant, Trek and Fuji. The latter being top end stuff. They can order bikes if necessary. There is a small bike rental shop near the post office in Lamai that will also sell you bikes. Again, Trek and Giant. This may save you a trip to Surat.

I assume bikes on the island would be overpriced (like anything else)

I got my girl to ring around shops on this list:

http://www.probike.co.th/list_dealer.php

In the end I drove down to Nakon Si Tamarat (Spelling?) to get my Gary Fisher. It was 12,000 for the Gary Fisher Wahoo 2009 model. A great bike for the price.

It only took the morning to go down by truck, pick it up and bring it back on the 1pm ferry. Piece of cake.

The guy who owns the shop is a great, decent, honest guy. He is a mountain bike fanatatic, he's won loads of prizes in competitions. His whole shop is full of medals.

His whole family are bike crazy. His daughter is riding in competitions, wife also!

The guy's name Amon - The shop's name was Amon Bikes.

Amon Bike. 272/7 M.1 Tha-sala ,Nakhonsrithammarat 80160 Tel.075-330-882 Mobile.081-537-4268

I was quoted 18,000+ for this bike in Bangkok, plus shipping (I didn't even call, my Thai girlfriend did) Amorn did it for 12,000 all in.

I couldn't recommend this guy enough. Lovely guy. He made sure I had the right frames size for my short legs... 8 )

This is the review of the bike. It's a bargain!

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bik...uct/wahoo-10162

Matt.