Mail Order Camera Site?

PMK

Hi,

I'm looking for a place reliable place to order a low end digital camera. The ones listed in the resources list here are either down, abandoned or in Thai only. I need one where the site is in English and I can communicate with them in English.

Any suggestions on currently active sites?

Peter

Why not try Ebay - quick delivery in most instances

A lot of places on Ebay will not ship Internationally plus there is the potential of getting caught up in the Customs red tape. However, if others have positive experiences on using Ebay to ship to Thailand I would be interested due to wanting to get a DSLR. Also, the issue of warranty service has to be looked at.

Why not try Ebay - quick delivery in most instances

A lot of places on Ebay will not ship Internationally plus there is the potential of getting caught up in the Customs red tape. However, if others have positive experiences on using Ebay to ship to Thailand I would be interested due to wanting to get a DSLR. Also, the issue of warranty service has to be looked at.

"Tywais" - I recommended Ebay because over the past year I've purchased soooo much of the site - and not a single problem!

Selection of purchases - Rollei 6008 full kit, 2 x Hasselblad full kits, Leica M6 and lens, 2 x Contax G2's and full array of lenses, Minolta Scanner (weighs a ton), loads and Loadsafilm, etc etc.

Most items from the USA - takes 10-14 days. Items from Hong Kong take about 3 days.

Customs is fair, no damage or theft.

I've also sold and using FedEx find the transactions effortless.

Ideal source when items are unavailable in Thailand.

BUT, and a big but, watch what you're buying - "If it's too good to be true - it's too good to be true"

p.s. those that "do not" ship to Thailand can usually be convinced that you're genuine by sending them a note and explaining your situation.

Edited by The Vulcan

"Tywais" - I recommended Ebay because over the past year I've purchased soooo much of the site - and not a single problem!

Thanks for that information, good to know. Now will see what offers they have for the D90. :)

Thanks for that information, good to know. Now will see what offers they have for the D90. :D

It's an obvious statement but beware of gamblers syndrome.

I've seen so much stuff sold at over the odds prices and can only assume they (the buyer) was determined to win at all costs - crazy. It could have been bought "normally" for less money.

Then of course, there's the shipping costs which can be a real scam - just been quoted $35 dollars to ship a lens cap from the USA! :)

It's not ALWAYS cheaper with fools like that around :D