Washing The Family Buffalo

goldfish

I grew up in suburbia where people washed the family car on a Sunday. Just saw a guy washing the buffalo. Why? He had a hosepipe and a bucket, didn’t see any polish. Have never thought about it, presume a buffalo wallows in mud to keep cool, so why wash him? Maybe to keep the buffalo garage clean? Where do you park them, at night? Is this a weekly clean?

I grew up in suburbia where people washed the family car on a Sunday. Just saw a guy washing the buffalo. Why? He had a hosepipe and a bucket, didn’t see any polish. Have never thought about it, presume a buffalo wallows in mud to keep cool, so why wash him? Maybe to keep the buffalo garage clean? Where do you park them, at night? Is this a weekly clean?

You don't state location, however are you sure it's a buffalo, and not a bull? In Nakhon Sri Thammerat they use bull cattle for fighting, and are treasured.

the same reason u wash your horse or alpaca or goat; to get it clean; it will roll again in muck but animals, if handled from an early age, enjoy grooming... good time to check for diseases, feet problems, external parasites, etc; and if the animal is used in a show or being auctioned off, or used as a stud, then he should be presented clean, shiny, healthy, clipped/trimmed/brushed. take a look at some of the p ics of stud bulls with the long ears, they are beaautiful animals, clean and shiny muscular. in condition.

bina

israel

I grew up in suburbia where people washed the family car on a Sunday. Just saw a guy washing the buffalo. Why? He had a hosepipe and a bucket, didn't see any polish. Have never thought about it, presume a buffalo wallows in mud to keep cool, so why wash him? Maybe to keep the buffalo garage clean? Where do you park them, at night? Is this a weekly clean?

i can't answer this question; but I do like your humour.

:)

I grew up in suburbia where people washed the family car on a Sunday. Just saw a guy washing the buffalo. Why? He had a hosepipe and a bucket, didn't see any polish. Have never thought about it, presume a buffalo wallows in mud to keep cool, so why wash him? Maybe to keep the buffalo garage clean? Where do you park them, at night? Is this a weekly clean?

This could be the answer - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Buffalo-Race...rd-t302850.html

"I understand there's a week long festival in ChonBuri, capped by buffalo races on October 3rd."

Could be the reason for clean-up, especially if there were racing stripes being added too?

Didn't think of the health/looking for parasites etc. This was in a quiet area of Koh Samui. There are adverts for Buffalo fights here, but this was well away from those areas. Mind you, I have seen an Elephant on the back of a truck here so anything is possible. Not sure if it's a bull, it did have streamlined horns but didn't think of looking at ear length. Is that how you tell, cause I'm not going to start inspecting genitilia.

Came across some shepherd huts in the Himalayas which had space for the animals and a small room above for the humans. Do Buffalo have homes, do they sleep standing up? Mind you, it was a bit colder in the Himalayas. Some of the huts were appearing as the snow melted. Mud and grass roofs helped

ear lenghth is a breed attribute; genitalia size is important for fertility - thats how u check a buck/or ram-- its the one/two handed hold to see the weight- not lenghth, i assure u. maybe we should check men the same way