Eva Air

uaelaelil

I have flown with EVA the last 4 times to Thailand and my wife has flown with them the last 2 times alone. Great airline value for money, good food(as far as airplane food can be), friendly staff. Just because they are cheap does not mean they are no good. Plus you can upgrade to premium ecconomy for an extra £100 or sowhich is worth it.

Moved to travel forum, as not visa related.

Agree the best LHR BKK flight; you need to prebook the premium economy as it is very popular; I would be surprised if you are able to upgrade at check in as it is in great demand.

I have flown with EVA the last 4 times to Thailand and my wife has flown with them the last 2 times alone. Great airline value for money, good food(as far as airplane food can be), friendly staff. Just because they are cheap does not mean they are no good. Plus you can upgrade to premium ecconomy for an extra £100 or sowhich is worth it.

Yes, the extra cost to fly premium economy ("Evergreen Deluxe") on the LHR BKK route is really worth it. Wider seats, more legroom, faster check-in and no queuing for the loo. Food service is the same as Economy though.

as eva flies on that route to taipei, with some 1h layover in bangkok, the flights are usually full and some delays from bangkok can happen.

in my opinion service and food is not as good as on thai, but they are usually cheaper.

how much are they at the end of january?

check westeasttravel for discounted faires, the best to book well in advance. they have both eva and thai, as well as all others

I and my family have used EVA for the past 8 years and have never had a problem.

BUT... recently I booked a flight of which I could not make. I called the EVA office in London and told them that I couldn't make the flight and the rep was polite and told me to call again. I did and was told that my outbound flight was non-changeable and that I needed to make a refund application online of which I was aware that there was a £150.00 fee.

I rechecked the fare rules that EVA sent me with my confirmation email and it clearly stated and still does state that a date chagen was £75 GBP. I took this to mean a date change in general but they said that it was for inbound only. I have argued this point and after I sent them my confirmation email and made several calls chasing them they confirmed that EVA did not communicate the correct fare rules to me but they could quite clearly see that on their systems an outbound date change was not allowed.

I emailed back again and made the point that my contract with them was with the rules that they communicated to me and that I did not have access to their internal systems. I still want a date change as I accepted the fare reules comunicated to me at the time of purchase.

They offered me a reduction of 50% in my cancellation fee thus making it £75GBP BUT insisted I must rebook another flight with them before 15th December of which I will not do and am not happy with.

I have once again emailed them stating that if they want to reintroduce new rules I must be given the full and correct information at the point of sale and that this information must be disclosed to me in full thus allowing me to make an informed decision about whether I want to proceed at that point.

I am waiting for an email reply from them about this but will if necessary make the refund application and then take EVA to the small claims court to reimburse my refund fee and other exenses in full.

Saying that I have found EVA to be a great carier from LHR - BKK with only ever beind delayed out of LHR once for a couple of hours.

I'll update with the response I get about the date change.

I always fly with them LHR-BKK on Elite Class. It was formerly Evergreen de Luxe which was better. Same seat pitch 38" but had wider seats and nice area behind the seats to stand. Having said that I was fortunate enough to get an upgrade both ways last summer. Travelling again next week and hoping to make it 3 in a row. :)

Edited by salty

We are flying with Eva from LHR to BKK on xmas day and got a really good deal we have flewn with them before and I think they are one of the best I have flewn with to Thailand but really liked Qatar but you have to stop over, did not like Thai airways plane was old and dirty no tv screens in backs of seats and its a long way to go with out any entertainment.