Christmas In Phuket

seaeagle

I am not in the slightest bit "religious", but I do defend those who want to worship 'their God' as long as it doesn't interfere with me.

At school, my young daughter only gets awareness of Buddhism. Kajonkiet school, like all Thai schools I suppose, indoctrinates kids into the Buddhist religion. I've no problem with anyone being religious, but I do want to try and get my daughter to choose ANY religion or a total disbelief, through her own free will, rather than parental and school brainwashing.

To this extent, I'd like to introduce her to the simple 'Christmas Story'. Even atheists and agnostics will admit that the Christmas story is great for kids : Mary, Joseph, barns,, baby Jesus in a manger, wise men, sheep, stars etc etc......

Does anyone know if there is a church in Phuket Town that will be decorated beautifully for Christmas, and has a crib / nativity scene on display?

Thanks.

If you come from Saphan Hin to the clock circle in Phuket Town & turn left you will find a catholic church next to the bridge. This coming Friday night Santa will make an appearance at the IBAP Xmas party.

You playing Santa V? I could totally see that! lol

pardon me..i meant your daughter..god bless still

My daughters originally attended Dowroong Witthaya school, attended a school camp & occasionally went to the catholic church. I am happy they are able to experience both Buddhism & Christianity as I feel it will help them with a more balanced view on life. I did not see any evidence of catholicism being rammed down their throats, it was simply a minor part in a varied curriculum.