Adopting A Child

tinytot

Just trying to get some info for my Brother and his Fiancee...

They have been going to Thailand for a while now and are wanting to Adopt a child as they have a 10 yr old boy and feel they would like to have a sister daughter in the family, As the brothers fiancee is 50 yr old she is to old to have kids, Without complications,

So i am wanting to know what do they need to do in regards to adopting a child, They were told they have to be married ? I thought that is irrelevant if you have been living in defacto for 15 yrs, has anyone got any knowledge of this or whoto contact....

Would be good to hear some info so i can pass it on to them... Cheers and Have a good year...

tinytot

Tinytot, you say they have been "going to Thailand" does this mean they don't live here? Are they Aussies living in Australia (where I see you are posting from)? If so they must go through their state adoption department and it can take many years to complete an inter-country adoption. PM me if you want more info.

Edited by Goinghomesoon

for the thai part, best to hire a lawyer that has "connections" it will speed up the process, as for your country ( usa has been my experience) there a lot of hoops to jump through ( home study, immigration b.s. and so on)