Helmets

Yunnie

So after reading the very old thread about helmets here, I went off to Prida yesterday. I asked for the Nolan helmet first and there was 1 left but it was too big and they didnt have an M. And an ugly red color with a snake on it :).

I was really unsure what to do then. The girl handed me another Helmet (Thai one size L). Fit was good but I dont like D rings (Yes I know, but I'm lazy. lol). So she handed me another of the same brand with a buckle snap. And at the time it fit well (should haven known though when I saw it was XL). But when I got home later, its too loose! Maybe cause my hair was pinned up at the top I dunno. So now I have a loose helmet. So I'm tempted to go back tomorrow, but I dunno what to do with this helmet. lol

So anyone want a Thai helmet - size XL? lol same price as what I paid for it yesterday. ฿ 1200 :D. Its white, a full face helmet. Still have the sticker and pamphlet that came with it and the bag.

Yes I know, I should have done more research. But I dont want to spend money on a Arai or Shoei (seems to be the ones everyone recommends) because I'm NOT driving a motobike, I'm just a passenger and I only need a helmet mostly for 1 week and whenever I go out with friends. So why pay $400 for something if I'm only riding as passenger and will only be here till Sept and whatever helmet I have would be given to my cousin in Laos. Plus I'm a college student. I dont have that kind of money to spend on just a helmet. :x

Anyways, besides those 3 brands, Arai, Shoei, Nolan. Are there any other good brands? I'm doing some reading right now on them. Forgot where I read it but there was a Z1R helmet that out preformed a more expensive brand. Just wanted to know other people's opinion.

Also, should I get a full face one or a hybrid? I do wear glasses, but I also wear contacts. I didnt have much of an issue with my glasses in the full face helmet other then I kept forgetting to take them off before putting the helmet on/ taking off and it kind of fogs up.

Or.. should I just not bother and keep the helmet I have. lol

If I go back... I have a feeling someone should go with me so I dont screw up again. lol

Edited by Yunnie

Understand completely where you are coming from.

My helmet was 640 baht, and if I coudl have got a 1200 baht one that fit I would have got it.

While I am still "hansum" I would like to stay that way.

A 180 baht helmet is ok for a 180 baht head....must be very fugly.

Next time I am in Oz m going to pick up a Shoei.

No matter how good we think we are, or are, others are not so good and they will eventually hit you, and you will come a cropper. I wold rather that not happen while wearing a reconstituted ice cream tub.

Edited by mamborobert

Maybe I should have shook my head harder while I was at the store... I dunno. I'm still tempted to go back. Maybe they will let me exchange for smaller size? I'll have till tomorrow afternoon to decide. I dont need the helmet till Tuesday. I hate spending money though gah.

But if anyone is interested - it's a "Real" helmet, model GJ- 998 (G-08 I think). Full face. Size XL, Dot sticker (real or Thai DOT dunno lol), Color white. Push-button buckle. ฿ 1200.

http://img197.imageshack.us/slideshow/webp...id=img0941n.jpg