Red-Shirt Leaders Urged To Bypass Thaksin

webfact

What's with the 9 month time frame, is this a prediction that something might happen to ensure this period is extended.

military reshuffle. Either Thaksin thinks that the next one will cement the military even more against him or he has made a few promises he needs to keep. You are going to read more and more anlysis on this issue imho

Agreed.

His rigging of the military towards his control,

is due for a definitive removal of those chess moves from before.

It's taken time, but I think this was for the military one of it's main motivations.

It's not the military being 100% lock step against civilians having control over them,

just about Thaksin's TYPE of control. There is working with partners

and working for control freaks. We know Thaksin isn't known for consulting or listening...

Even soldiers don't like working for ears closed, control freaks,

those were the types to get fragged by their own men on combat...

The types making decisions based on their mental benefits and not the

benefits of the campaign, nor their men's ability to get the job done,

AND the job after.

Yes General, I cleared out that enemy base,

well sure I lost 98% of my men, but job done, Sir!

I can do it again, if you give me more men, Sir!

No, working under people like Thaksin would not be

pleasing to the military mentality in ANY nation.

Is this 'right'... well that's a toss up,

which leadership scenario does the most enduring national damage.

Some will start screaming it's the 900 lb gorillas fault ALL OF IT.

Others may take a more nuanced long term view...

One of the good things that has come about in this turbulent chapter of Thai history is a realization by the military that they can not administer a government. Soon that will become inculcated amongst the ramk and file and with the attrition of all the old "war horses" they will more and more come undr the authority of future civilian governments.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the good things that has come about in this turbulent chapter of Thai history is a realization by the military that they can not administer a government. Soon that will become inculcated amongst the ramk and file and with the attrition of all the old "war horses" they will more and more come undr the authority of future civilian governments.

agree. that is the lesson here. and that has the whole society to learn, even if its caused a lot of inconvenience.

yoshiwara wrote:

2 meaningless comments in a row.

Don't be shy.

Tell us Thaksin is your hero.

We understand.

Yoshiwara, you talk so much shit that were out of quotes..

Many thanks for following my two so-called "meaningless comments" with a third.

I thought you and I agreed that I wouldn't tell anyone about Prem being your hero and you wouldn't tell anyone that Thaksin is mine. OOPS, too late!

You know, it takes a really small mind to think that this is all about one man, Thaksin. But, it is very funny that you are so clearly afraid of him.

Edited by tracymeaw

Well many thanks for following my two so-called "meaningless comments" with a third.

I thought you and I agreed that I wouldn't tell anyone about Prem being your hero and you wouldn't tell anyone that Thaksin is mine. OOPS, too late!

You know, it takes a really small mind to think that this is all about one man, Thaksin. But, it is very funny that you are so clearly afraid of him.

The red leaders keep on saying it's all about Thaksin. But Thaksin occasionally has to remind them that it's not about him, but get the government dissolved so I can come back and fix everything.

It can't be only about the poor farmers, because the government is doing something to help them.

It is clearly ALL about Thaksin.

Well many thanks for following my two so-called "meaningless comments" with a third.

The red leaders keep on saying it's all about Thaksin. But Thaksin occasionally has to remind them that it's not about him, but get the government dissolved so I can come back and fix everything.

It can't be only about the poor farmers, because the government is doing something to help them.

Let's settle this the Thai Democratic way... if you really think that I am Pro-Thaksin and you don't like what I say, then just have me banned. :)

Let's settle this the Thai Democratic way... if you really think that I am Pro-Thaksin and you don't like what I say, then just have me banned. :)

All I said was the protests are all about Thaksin.

I didn't say you were pro-Thaksin. I didn't even say you are pro-red. I was just talking about the red leaders and Thaksin.

I believe you ARE pro-red. That's where the problem comes in, because the reds are pro-Thaksin.

It doesn't matter whether I like what you say or not, you're entitled to say it. And I'm entitled to disagree with it.

In keeping with the OP: Yes, the Reds are beholden to Thaksin. He's the one who pays them money. He's the one who keeps yelling 'charge!'. He's the hands-on, go-to, CEO, always-knows-what-he-wants guy.

If the Reds say they drop Thaksin as their figurehead, it would be a smart move politically, and would improve their popularity with the majority of Thais who wear shirts that aren't red or yellow, but it would be a lie.

Come to think of it, lies (for the Reds) are no big deal. Essentially, their movement is built on lies and their puppetmaster is a compulsive liar.

Some refurbishments to a friend's condo have been delayed owing to these rallies.

Why? Because the workers can earn more per day attending these pro democracy rallies (2,000 THB per day) than working on the condo. Not sure if this is weekends only or all week round, but can easily find out.

The claim that protesters are not paid seriously doesn't take much investigation to refute. And any guesses where the cash is coming from? The person making the claim Abhisit is insincere, perhaps?

H3ll will freeze over before the reds drop Thaksin.

Some refurbishments to a friend's condo have been delayed owing to these rallies.

Why? Because the workers can earn more per day attending these pro democracy rallies (2,000 THB per day) than working on the condo. Not sure if this is weekends only or all week round, but can easily find out.

The claim that protesters are not paid seriously doesn't take much investigation to refute. And any guesses where the cash is coming from? The person making the claim Abhisit is insincere, perhaps?

H3ll will freeze over before the reds drop Thaksin.

"Trickle Down" economics at work. Though it sounds like the tap is getting opened a little wider.

Edited by lannarebirth

Okay, I'm beginning to admire this Abhisit guy. He keeps talking about the 70% of Thais who do NOT consider themselves Red or Yellow. Maybe he has studied the successful Western politicians who did the bestjob of wooing the Silent Majorities!'

or maybe? he is a good guy....

If he feels this insight is true... test it - have an election... he is speaking about dissolution already

Pardon me

He already said he will have an early election

what part of early election you don't understand

That's just not true... surely you cannot now be claiming that this government is not yellow? that's absurd - most people do align (generally) with either camp - not unlike the US with Repubs/Dems or England Lab/Cons - not syaing they agree with all the policices but (generally) people do align - it's rubbish to assert they do not.

There are people out there that support part of what the reds want (ie help for the poor), but support Abhisit being the legitimate PM.

What colour are they?

They are neither. They don't support they reds efforts to overthrow a government. And they don't support the yellows efforts to overthrow a government.

Exactly.

Things are just not Red or Yellow, Black or White in the world NON-zealots live in...

Nor is it Liberal vs Conservative or Democrat vs Republican, in most peoples minds,

those labels fit those trying to GAIN ADVANTAGE through those labels, for their aims.

If you actually lived here under Thaksin, you might then realize why

many of us are afraid of what he might to do to regain power and face,

and more afraid if he were to regain power that aggressive way.

Okay, I'm beginning to admire this Abhisit guy. He keeps talking about the 70% of Thais who do NOT consider themselves Red or Yellow. Maybe he has studied the successful Western politicians who did the bestjob of wooing the Silent Majorities!'

If he feels this insight is true... test it - have an election... he is speaking about dissolution already

Pardon me

I agree - great news!!! that's what we have bene saying all along - great that Abhisit has caught the mood of the country

Pardon me

I agree - great news!!! that's what we have bene saying all along - great that Abhisit has caught the mood of the country

Actually, the mood of the country, according to the latest poll says a lage plurality of the people think he should finish his term. Its in one of these threads here someplace.

You could in fact be the most obvious troll I have seen on any forum anywhere...

How sad for you to be living in such a tiny little box, I can assure you the REDS do NOT speak for the majority of Thai's be it a vast one or otherwise. BUT their plight is acknowledged by many. The issue is HOW they want to see change and the facts about WHO is pulling their strings. You likely even know and understand all of this, but life under the bridge must just get too boring sometimes I imagine.

You could in fact be the most obvious troll I have seen on any forum anywhere...

How sad for you to be living in such a tiny little box, I can assure you the REDS do NOT speak for the majority of Thai's be it a vast one or otherwise. BUT their plight is acknowledged by many. The issue is HOW they want to see change and the facts about WHO is pulling their strings. You likely even know and understand all of this, but life under the bridge must just get too boring sometimes I imagine.

ah how nice to be insulted by someone with 51 posts just because I agree with the PM in holding an early election - I can assure you I have a valid case and your insults will not help you win the day

Actually, the mood of the country, according to the latest poll says a lage plurality of the people think he should finish his term. Its in one of these threads here someplace.

Here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Peace-T...79#entry3459979

1,197 households across the country on 30 March 2010 - wow that many?

I'd like to do much more in-depth research into where 'in the country' these were held - and by whom... I have a masters in research so would be interested who actually 'owned' this poll - i believe the only true test will be a nationwide election and the PM has agreed that in principal - whoever wins - wins

'Yoshiwara, you talk so much shit that were out of quotes..

'

do we really need to use swear words on this web site

to me it just shows your status no matter which side you support

Sorry, I will work on my writing skills and choice of words.

"The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shock-proof, SHIT detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it. “-- Ernest Hemingway

My shit detector is apparently malfunctioning! Of course, I could be wrong, in which case you can always run back to your imaginary little protective bubble where the big bad words can’t hurt you anymore.

By the way, it takes a very shallow person to presume to judge a person’s status simply by a web board posting. Get a life <deleted>!!

i believe the only true test will be a nationwide election and the PM has agreed that in principal - whoever wins - wins

Nobody, including Abhisit, has ever talked about there being no elections, so all you are doing is stating the obvious.

Where disagreement lies is in your and the reds' viewpoint that at their demand and with the threat of violence hanging in the air, elections should be called immediately and before the government has served its term - nevermind what the rest of the country thinks or feels - that's what they want so that's what we must have.

"The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shock-proof, SHIT detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it. "-- Ernest Hemingway

My shit detector is apparently malfunctioning! Of course, I could be wrong, in which case you can always run back to your imaginary little protective bubble where the big bad words can't hurt you anymore.

By the way, it takes a very shallow person to presume to judge a person's status simply by a web board posting. Get a life <deleted>!!

:) Tracy.

Where have you been for the last 7 years?

"The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shock-proof, SHIT detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it. "-- Ernest Hemingway

My shit detector is apparently malfunctioning! Of course, I could be wrong, in which case you can always run back to your imaginary little protective bubble where the big bad words can't hurt you anymore.

By the way, it takes a very shallow person to presume to judge a person's status simply by a web board posting. Get a life <deleted>!!

:) Tracy.

Where have you been for the last 7 years?

not in the school for the intelligent that's for sure... what a dumb post

'Yoshiwara, you talk so much shit that were out of quotes..

'

do we really need to use swear words on this web site

to me it just shows your status no matter which side you support

wow 7 posts... welcome newbie - and thanks for your crass and infantile contribution full of BIG and BOLD swear words (you must be out of your teens by now?) which added...? ZILCH to the debate

Why does that sound so much like someone who HAS been banned at TV... hmm

Pardon me

Well it may be the mood of your quarter of Chaing Mai,

but it isn't the mood in the other sections I have visited this year.

Most are quite content with a functioning government right now.

All would like improvements, but that is no different than 'anywhere' at 'any time'.

ah how nice to be insulted by someone with 51 posts just because I agree with the PM in holding an early election - I can assure you I have a valid case and your insults will not help you win the day

In that case I'll take my 6,995 posts and agree with him.

"...I can assure you the REDS do NOT speak for the majority of Thai's..."

'...You likely even know and understand all of this,

but life under the bridge must just get too boring sometimes I imagine.'

Edited by animatic

pathetic rhetoric based on... nothing but biased and ignorant views that you think you know what the Thai people think - you don't - and I don't - let the electorate decide - but that's too dangerous for you isn't it?

Well it may be the mood of your quarter of Chaing Mai,

but it isn't the mood in the other sections I have visited this year.

Most are quite content with a functioning government right now.

All would like improvements, but that is no different than 'anywhere' at 'any time'.

'most' are quite content'? astounding insight!!!!!!!!!!!!! how do you know? must be that ALL SEEING icon of yours? impressive

pathetic rhetoric based on... nothing but biased and ignorant views that you think you know what the Thai people think - you don't - and I don't - let the electorate decide - but that's too dangerous for you isn't it?

I can add my 11,000 posts to the above and the fact that I have been here more than 2 years AND have followed politics here the entire time. How a minority that chose to be represented by cheats and thieves "feels" just isn't an issue of democracy. Since the reds turned down a reasonable offer by the government they can just wait until Abhisit decides is the best time OR the coalition falls apart.