Cheapest Way To Get From Bkk To Chicago Or Detroit?

gregb

Chicago is the Hub for United Airlines & Detroit will be Delta/NW. You should check both websites out for a pricing comparison.

Other airlines such as Japan Airlines, ANA, Asiana, Korean, EVA airlines can most likely get you to Chicago on a 1 stop flight via

either Japan, Seoul, or Taipei.

- another option is to compare flights from Bangkok connecting out of European cities - Chicago.

Sorry for your loss.

Asiana is probably your best bet for cost. Nothing fancy, dual purpose freight/passenger old 747s, but it works.

The US carriers may give you a discount if they know you have to travel for a funeral. Best to call direct.

Nearly everyone goes to ORD, including the Japanese carriers.

You may also do better going to LAX and then catching a hop to ORD.

As others have suggested, Kayak checks almost everything.

Good luck.

For something as important as this I strongly advise dealing directly with the airlines or a well known travel service rather than a third party travel website. Fifty dollars saved does not seem like much when something goes wrong and all you have is an email address to contact.

I have heard that some US airlines will give you the best deal and connections they can if you tell them you need to get home for a funeral. I did that once several years ago with SW Airlines for flights within the US when we had to attend a funeral. They were very helpful and gave us a good price on short notice.

I've been trying to determine that for two weeks, but just for one-way. See my thread "Please Suggest Least Expensive Airfare To Usa (any City)".

The best plan to get to DTW I could come up with was to get dumped off at LAX (about $680) then take a $195-225 on to DTW.

Posters also discussed R/T to LAX. You could then get a cheap flight to Chicago or DTW r/t.

Hope this helps.

Call the airlines. They supposedly have lower priced tickets in case someone is traveling for this sort of funeral emergency. I do not know whether these special prices are cheaper than discounts you can find online, but it is probably worth a call.