Tesol From Australia & Bach, Aa, 2 Post Grads; Reckon I Should Be Able To Teach English?

I have TESOL certificate, a Bachelor of Social Science with majors in Counselling and Mediation and Sociology, An Associate in Arts majoring in Behavioural Science, Post Grad in Mediation and Dispute Resolution and a Post Grad in Case Management. I am looking to do a contract in Thailand for max of 1 year teaching English. child protection case management for government is my game but would like to break free for a while and do something else while studying for Masters of Social Work. what do you think of my chances of teaching in Phuket? :rolleyes:

I assume you mean study for a Masters via online education? Of course you can land a job teaching English in Thailand - your qualifications are impressive but hardly a prerequisite.

The real questions are:

1) can you earn enough to support yourself or save enough before you arrive to cover living expenses?

2) can you study for your Masters while working?

I’ve met lots of teachers who work part-time in Bangkok while studying for a Masters online; they are single, debt-free, they’ve saved before-hand for living expenses and course fees, and they are near resources they need such as books shops and libraries. Masters requires long hours of study, reading time, and dedication – Phuket may not be the best place, but to each their own providing you have access to the literature and materials you require online. Most accredited Online Masters programs require periodic supervisions with a tutor, they aren’t going to live in Phuket, so you’ll need travel money to meet with them and sort your visa on a regular basis.