Surveillance Phone

canopy

Are there phones available that work in day and darkness at night with infrared included that send an SMS picture when motion is detected?I ran across the Nokia PT-6 which seems a good fit, but it seems to be discontinued.

Any IP camera should be able to do what you need... but that's maybe not what you want.

Wow, I didn't know that any IP camera can send SMS messages and have infrared. Thank you for your thoughtful post.

Any IP camera should be able to do what you need... but that's maybe not what you want.

Wow, I didn't know that any IP camera can send SMS messages and have infrared. Thank you for your thoughtful post.

Attach an IP camera to a computer with wifi and it can send sms.

And yes, more expensive IP cameras can have infra red.

IP cameras are developed with home security in mind, phones are developed with phone calls in mind.

Yes you may get a phone that can do it but why not get the right tool for the job.

Yes you may get a phone that can do it but why not get the right tool for the job.

I couldn't agree more. That is why I am absolutely not interested in a home brew job sorting out a mess of ip camera, network topogology, computer, surveillance software, drivers, infrared, setup work, debugging, and more. And then the unacceptable downsides like turning off or repairing the computer killing the surveillance system.

It is surprising no one has managed to recommend a simple, elegant and standalone device designed for surveillance. Such devices do exist outside of Thailand such as minisimcam.com.

Well now you know... no need to thank me!

It is surprising no one has managed to recommend a simple, elegant and standalone device designed for surveillance. Such devices do exist outside of Thailand such as minisimcam.com.

Some people get more help than others and usually there are reasons for that... but I'll give you one more and that's just because I'm in a good mode...

So type google.com and then ipcamera and click images.

You will find that the most of them have IR and firmware to distribute your pics to wherever you want, even running stand alone...

It's not difficult to setup, even I have done it a few times...

Martin