Butterball Turkeys

ThePunPun

Was in Rimping the past week cashing in my points. Looked at the birds and they had Butterball Breast (roast) 1.46 kilo at 655 baht. first time in four years I have seen them., so I bought two. Oh they called me yesterday to say they have my point certificate in, takes two weeks for that.

Yes, I've seen the Butterball breasts in Rim Ping before. I wish they'd also stock the Butterball legs. We like dark meat much better than light and I often cooked Butterball legs when we lived in the U.S. We ate turkey a couple times a week and I really miss it. The breasts and legs make much more sense for a couple with just a small oven.

Makro has the best prices in town, they are usually smaller "young" birds (12-15 lbs), but also juicier than the big 20/26 pounders. If you need a big bird for a lot of guests, then Rimping is the only choice, at about 190 baht/kg.

I think 158 baht is a really good price. You should grab it before the Thanksgiving rush.

Thanksgiving Rush? What exactly is thanksgiving? I have heard it mentioned on some American movies but not exactly sure what the celebration is about. We don't have it in Australia well I don't think we do just Christmas.

I think 158 baht is a really good price. You should grab it before the Thanksgiving rush.

Thanksgiving Rush? What exactly is thanksgiving? I have heard it mentioned on some American movies but not exactly sure what the celebration is about. We don't have it in Australia well I don't think we do just Christmas.

If you are serious, click on this link

http://www.scholasti...ksgiving/feast/

It'll probably explain it much better than we would in limited space & and it you are interested in tastingA Thanksgiving Dinner, PM me.

The Pun Pun

G

little note: click on the link, read, then click on the slide show, and when the picture appears, click on the little speaker icon at the end of the text. Really simple , but some may miss it

Happy Thanksgiving

Gonzo

Edited by ThePunPun

If you are serious, click on this link

http://www.scholasti...ksgiving/feast/

It'll probably explain it much better than we would in limited space & and it you are interested in tastingA Thanksgiving Dinner, PM me.

The Pun Pun

G

little note: click on the link, read, then click on the slide show, and when the picture appears, click on the little speaker icon at the end of the text. Really simple , but some may miss it

Happy Thanksgiving

Gonzo

Thanks for that, really I had no idea what it was about actually, thought it had something to do with Christmas just like Aussies have the big Christmas feast on Christmas day.

You doing a traditional Turkey Day Dinner @ the restaurant? Want to show my Thai family (not Aussie) what it's all about and do some good eatin'!!

Yesiree .

Do so every year and am putting on the finals of the menu as we speak [or write ] . Will have the Bill O Fare ready in the next day or two and will advise all.

It has gotten so popular over the past few years as we also have had to set up sitting times.

Thanks

G

You doing a traditional Turkey Day Dinner @ the restaurant? Want to show my Thai family (not Aussie) what it's all about and do some good eatin'!!

Yesiree .

Do so every year and am putting on the finals of the menu as we speak [or write ] . Will have the Bill O Fare ready in the next day or two and will advise all.

It has gotten so popular over the past few years as we also have had to set up sitting times.

Thanks

G

I'm sure you'll put on a great thanksgiving dinner.

As I said in another thread, I had the privilege of enjoying two thanksgivings in the states and I'm certainly a fan of thanksgiving dinners, provided that (as in your case) it is put on by Americans and not colonizers trying to muscle in for a few baht.

Happy thanksgiving. smile.gif

Makro has the best prices in town, they are usually smaller "young" birds (12-15 lbs), but also juicier than the big 20/26 pounders. If you need a big bird for a lot of guests, then Rimping is the only choice, at about 190 baht/kg.

I think the price of birds has been very stable.

I remember buying a bird at Northern Farm some 20 years ago, for 145 baht per kilo :)

There must be an astounding profit margin on these birds ;)

Edited by LJW

Yesiree .

Thanks

G

As I said in another thread, I had the privilege of enjoying two thanksgivings in the states and I'm certainly a fan of thanksgiving dinners, provided that (as in your case) it is put on by Americans and not colonizers trying to muscle in for a few baht.

Uptheos, you have me a bit worried. Are you feeling ok? I hope you don't have a fever or anything. :)

The above is probably the nicest reply you have ever made to one of my posts. Thank you , I think.

Try and stay well and maybe someday we can share a drumstick or two.

G

PS .... if it were within my power, I would take back one of the red dots I gave you....:D

Edited by ThePunPun

Less than 30 per Kg in the States. I've even seen 28 cents per pound for a Norbest. Butterball is about a 12% added solution that is injected into it. Think movie theater popcorn butter. Worse than burying your lobster tail in butter. Questions about turkeys are answered at this site: http://www.shadybrookfarms.com/

Haven't you heard .... " Butter is Better "

:D

I don't even think it is real butter. Hydrogenated Vegetable protein or something like that. I will look into it.

They do have an interesting website: www.butterball.com

I went to school in Rockingham County, Virginia, number 1 in the World in Turkey production on some years. I prefer Shadybrook.

Edited by Thighlander

Yesiree .

Thanks

G

Uptheos, you have me a bit worried. Are you feeling ok? I hope you don't have a fever or anything. :)

The above is probably the nicest reply you have ever made to one of my posts. Thank you , I think.

G

PS .... if it were within my power, I would take back one of the red dots I gave you....:D

w00t.gif Feeling just great Mr G - the pills are really doing their stuff! wink.gif

Yesiree .

Thanks

G

G

w00t.gif Feeling just great Mr G - the pills are really doing their stuff! wink.gif

Plonker ! :)

Yesiree .

Thanks

G

G

It's the nicest reply he's made to anybody's post Gonzo!!!

BTW I think Makro Norblest turkeys are the cheapest and although they often only have fairly small ones on display, they'll usually hunt around in the storeroom for some larger ones if you ask nicely!. Happy thanksgiving and thanks for the link. I never really knew what it was before!

Edited by OldeBellPedr

My suggestion is to go to the PunPun. Do not go to The Duke's. Too much food and too many people at The Duke's. So for turkeys, you buy them at Makro. You can call the manager up and reserve them. If you want them cooked Rimping Market will cook them for you and they do a great job. Better to buy a whole turkey at Rimping than at Bake and Bite which is more expensive or at Kasem Store. The Duke's will not fill any other Thanksgiving orders except for pies or cakes. And yes they are the best pumpkin and apple pies in town.

I don't even think it is real butter. Hydrogenated Vegetable protein or something like that. I will look into it.

I went to school in Rockingham County, Virginia, number 1 in the World in Turkey production on some years. I prefer Shadybrook.

Can you direct me where to find Shadybrook turkeys? All I see in Chiangmai are Butterballs and Norbest, both of which are injected with solutions.

Can you direct me where to find Shadybrook turkeys? All I see in Chiangmai are Butterballs and Norbest, both of which are injected with solutions.

Erm, can you elaborate good sir......I'd like to know what 'solutions' you refer to?

Don't forget that Northern Farms do some great cooked turkeys that come with gravy and traditional stuffing. Have bought them there for Christmas but not sure if they do them for Thanksgiving. Not sure of the prices this year but worth a check

Erm, can you elaborate good sir......I'd like to know what 'solutions' you refer to?

Any offers?

I checked out Butterball turkey and Norbet turkey prices at Makro on the Super Highway. Norbet is 145 baht a kilo and Butterball is 155 baht. I was also told that one could order turkey breasts (3 days in advance) at the meat counter. The male clerk there speaks good English and will take your order, and the cost is 220 baht a kilo for breast. I then went over to Northern Farms and asked the price of Butterball turkey breast, and it was 700 baht a kilo.

I checked out Butterball turkey and Norbet turkey prices at Makro on the Super Highway. Norbet is 145 baht a kilo and Butterball is 155 baht. I was also told that one could order turkey breasts (3 days in advance) at the meat counter. The male clerk there speaks good English and will take your order, and the cost is 220 baht a kilo for breast. I then went over to Northern Farms and asked the price of Butterball turkey breast, and it was 700 baht a kilo.

Regardless of price WHAT are these 'solutions' that Butterball Turkey's are injected with?????

Come on Mr B is B, you made the statement. jap.gif