Mobile Phone Continuity

wanderingstar

Change to a plan/promotion that doesn't require monthly top ups. It will cost more for calls, but it allows you to keep your number.

I changed my True number to a promotion where the credit is valid for a year.

You can also make your top up payments over the internet. I'm not 100% sure how you would do it from a non-Thai bank, but you might need to talk to DTAC to work out how.

Register the SIM here and buy a couple of 100 baht vouchers. Before you leave, register for International Roaming. You can then administer to your account whilst you are away.

If none of this is possible, ensure that you are on the Simple SIM tariff(you can dial 1003 to check and change) and then make a top up of 60 baht. This will extend your airtime to one year.

Note that most service providers/calling plans here have a usage requirement, over and above any validity period, in their T's & C's which typically require an in-bound our outbound voice call at least once every 90 days. So review the contract carefully to make sure you are getting what you expect.

example from One-2-Call: "7. The company reserves the right to restrain the service in case of no calling, no picking up or no topping within 90 days."

Edited by lomatopo

Note that most service providers/calling plans here have a usage requirement, over and above any validity period, in their T's & C's which typically require an in-bound our outbound voice call at least once every 90 days. So review the contract carefully to make sure you are getting what you expect.

example from One-2-Call: "7. The company reserves the right to restrain the service in case of no calling, no picking up or no topping within 90 days."

One-2-Call are rubbish.

Change to a plan/promotion that doesn't require monthly top ups. It will cost more for calls, but it allows you to keep your number.

You can also make your top up payments over the internet. I'm not 100% sure how you would do it from a non-Thai bank, but you might need to talk to DTAC to work out how.

details pleasetia

details pleasetia

Post #3.

Register the SIM here and buy a couple of 100 baht vouchers. Before you leave, register for International Roaming. You can then administer to your account whilst you are away.

If none of this is possible, ensure that you are on the Simple SIM tariff(you can dial 1003 to check and change) and then make a top up of 60 baht. This will extend your airtime to one year.

I think I can beat this offer if OP has used his SIMcard for at least 90 days.

Just dial *113*xx*9#. "XX" may have the values of 30 or 90 or 180 and is standing for the amount of days you want to extend your validity.

For every 30 days they will charge you 2 THB, so 3 months will cost you about 6 THB.

Have done it for almost 2 year interrupted only by 4 weeks holiday in Thailand.

Also you should register by internet (no ID needed).

After registration you can manage your account online and - if necessary - add some more days of validity.

But as said before - you should also apply for international roaming because for this you will receive a password by SMS.

More details you can can find at the homepage of happy http://www.happy.co....mid=167〈=en (as long as the link is not deleted by mods)

I use a pre paid D-tac sim that I have had since 2006. after about 4 months of top ups I had a years worth of "on air" time and the ability if I ran out of call credit, to top up using the time I'd paid for in advance. Seems like that deal would suit you. no?

I use a pre paid D-tac sim that I have had since 2006. after about 4 months of top ups I had a years worth of "on air" time and the ability if I ran out of call credit, to top up using the time I'd paid for in advance. Seems like that deal would suit you. no?

To all of you who gave advice. Thank You.

Been off line a while.

To Loz above:

This sure seems the most simple, but can you kindly elaborate?:

What is meant by >> 4 months of top ups<<

I have been topping up every week for the last 20 months. How is this different to yours?

>> I had a years worth of "on air" time and the ability if I ran out of call credit, to top up using the time I'd paid for in advance<<

All payment is in advance!

Or are we "discussing" Apples and Oranges instead of Apples??

I use Pre-Paid. Are you referring to contracts??

To all of you who gave advice. Thank You.

Been off line a while.

To Loz above:

This sure seems the most simple, but can you kindly elaborate?:

What is meant by >> 4 months of top ups<<

I have been topping up every week for the last 20 months. How is this different to yours?

>> I had a years worth of "on air" time and the ability if I ran out of call credit, to top up using the time I'd paid for in advance<<

All payment is in advance!

Or are we "discussing" Apples and Oranges instead of Apples??

I use Pre-Paid. Are you referring to contracts??

It won't be any good to you if you don't return to top up within a year.

mausbiber's solution is a derivative of mine. My solution allows you remote access to your telephone account from anywhere your mobile can 'roam' in order to carry out mausbiber's instructions.

Using our instructions you can keep your number alive forever, as long as you have enough credit. That is why I suggest that you take a couple of 100 baht vouchers home with you. That will cover you for nearly six years.