Spray Roof Insulation Companies

vistana

Hi

We are trying to find contact details for a company that does the spray foam roof tiles insulation, the type they spray on from the loft which reduces the temperature as well as stops the leaks, I seem to remember a company a while ago maybe not local that advertised in the Hua Hin magazine.

If anyone has a contact web site,e-mail or pnone number we would be most grateful.

Thanks very much

Vistana

Does that stuff really work? When we first built our house we had a couple of stubborn leaks. I was considering doing the spray, but heard some questionable things about it so instead kept at it until we found a roofer who found and fixed the leaks.

The things I heard were:

- Over time it deteriorates and cracks from the heat here.

- Whether it should be applied directly to the underside of tiles or to the foil insulation.

- If applied to tiles, then it binds them (and the steel framing making it near impossible to fix broken tiles or anything else that goes wrong with your roof.

- If applied to foil, it doesn't stop leaks, but just redirects them to the lowest point where the water will exit or pool for later problems.

- That in this climate, if your roof is not vented with proper air circulation, it can have the opposite of the desired effect by holding the heat built up during the daytime in.

I'm not a builder (except for hiring sub contractors and making a lot of the decisions on my own house) so I don't really know if the above are problems or not, but those along with the price, was enough to scare me away from it. I did use it on the outside of a flat roof in California to seal stubborn leaks and it worked, but that was in a very moderate climate (northern Cal) and it was applied to the outside all the way to the edges of a (normally) tar and gravel roof. I did not notice any insulation benefit, but as I said there were no extreme temperatures there, neither hot nor cold.

Maybe someone member who has used it can either confirm or dispel those items that bothered me. Good luck.

Vistana,

I have,you can call me 0810156002

Yolila

Thanks for the feedback hhfarang will do some more reseach myself as well.

Yolida I will send you an e-mail soon, thanks for your reply as well.

If i get any more information I will post an update.

Regards

Vistana

If you pm me or send me an e mail address I can give you details of a company that is based in Pattaya and also operates in Hua Hin, I had my roof done in January and having just got through one of the worst wet seasons on record I am very pleased with the result, stopped all the leaks. It has also reduced the ambient temperature of the house by about 7C so I no longer use the aircon. Yes it is sprayed direct on to the tiles which to me is a bonus as a number of houses in my village have been burgled by people gaining access by removing the roof tiles and coming down through the roof space into the house. It comes with a ten year guarantee but of course who knows if the company will still be operating in ten years!

I got quotes from all three companies in Pattaya and the final one was a new company that were at least one third less than one other and half the price of the third, the guys were very professional, turned up on time, completed the job in one day and cleaned up after themselves.

^ Sounds like a good company, and the some of the reasons (like stopping through the roof burglaries) is a benefit that I hadn't thought of. As my roof is about 10 meters off the ground with a wide eve, it would be very difficult to access so I've never worried about that but I can see the value in that especially in a single story house. I was also told that I wouldn't get the cooling effect you mentioned because of the height of my house. Too much of our heat comes in through walls and glass so that insulating the roof would be of little value according to local experts.

All in all it sounds like a good thing to do on a one story home.

- That in this climate, if your roof is not vented with proper air circulation, it can have the opposite of the desired effect by holding the heat built up during the daytime in.

that is correct and the case when the foam insulation is applied to the roof tiles. without proper attic ventilation and no ceiling insulation the temperature inside the home will go UP even with "tile insulation". period!

if you have a single story home without concrete but gypsum ceilings the most efficient way is to spray the foam on top of the gypsum boards, thickness 5cm, cost varying from 400-500 Baht per m². but even that will not let the temperature in your home drop more than 2-3ºC although this could mean substantial energy savings if you are a fan of airconditioning.