Need New Home For My Dog

thaitexasgirl

I am Thai, but live in USA. I have a 10 years old dog in bangkok. My mother took care of him. She passed away for a few years, and my father is taking of my dog now. He is in his 70's and I would like to find a new loving home for my dog. I can pay some money to help keep and feed my dog. I just want him to be in good hand. He is a mud, nothing special about him (can't do much tricks) and he is a bit spoiled. He has been lonely since my mother died.I am living in USA permanently now, but plan to go back to bangkok for a visit next year, and would love to be able to visit him. I don't have any friends or relatives who would be willing to take him in and I don't want him to be a burden. DO you have any advise for me? Thank you very much.

The US is pretty decent about quarantine laws if you want to go to the expense of bringing him back to the US with you. 10 years is not old for a healthy dog and he could live another 5 or more.

check out these posts:

sbk is offering some good advice there.

You have to make a decision as to whether he is or is not your dog anymore.

My problem was geographically the opposite. I had my dog in Canada and I was moving to live here. I had to decide if he was better with new owners there, or if I should go to the problems of transporting and caring for him here, particularly if I planned on moving about some.

I chose to give him to some people I knew, although I did let it be known around a popular dog park that he was free for anyone who knew and wanted him.

He was a bit older - 13 - and I figured his life expectancy was between 14 & 16, although who knows?

I do occasionally get reports about how well he is doing, but when I visited last summer, I very clearly decided it was better not to see him, better for him, and even better for me. I will always be his alpha, and I can only imagine the confusion if he welcomed me again only to have me walk out soon thereafter. And I knew I would probably become upset by seeing him and having to "abandon" him again.

If you want to keep him, ship him to the States. If not, say goodbye and find someone who will take him permanently.

see how you go with trying to take him to USA, you also have a few other options such as shelters in BKK http://www.scadbangkok.org/

If all else fails, send me a PM and i may be able to take him, but i say "may be" only because i have 3 young dogs now, so will have to see how he will get along with them.

I also have 2 cats, so need to see if he does not mind to have cats around him also(and they do steal food from dogs all the time, and smack them around on daily basis)

I live in Pattaya, so i hope he would not mind to change city's :)

He will be going for daily play in the park twice per day