Government Blocking Biking Websites

Mr.Poko

Blocking web pages is a form of Thai democracy I guess. What's worse (to me) is the Thai govt. is blocking service expansion in this village 75K from Chaiyaphum city. They will ONLY allow access to 20 houses eventhough there is a long standing waiting list for internet. Sad sad sad.

Blocking web pages is a form of Thai democracy I guess. What's worse (to me) is the Thai govt. is blocking service expansion in this village 75K from Chaiyaphum city. They will ONLY allow access to 20 houses eventhough there is a long standing waiting list for internet. Sad sad sad.

How is it that the government is blocking the expansion? Do they tell the likes of True where they are allowed to service?

How is it that the government is blocking the expansion? Do they tell the likes of True where they are allowed to service?

TOT is blocking service by refusing willing customers access. They refuse to make this available to but a few. Also the Thai govt i.e. TOT/CAT holds all the cards/influence/control. Not surprisingly TOT will not give more than 20 connections (which are in this village) but will instantly provide internet vie a satellite dish for approximately Bt3000 a month. LOS=Land of Scams.

TOT is blocking service by refusing willing customers access. They refuse to make this available to but a few. Also the Thai govt i.e. TOT/CAT holds all the cards/influence/control. Not surprisingly TOT will not give more than 20 connections (which are in this village) but will instantly provide internet vie a satellite dish for approximately Bt3000 a month. LOS=Land of Scams.

That would be a business decision wouldn't it? I know Telstra (ex-gov owned telecom company in Aus, for those who don't know) wouldn't cable a street until they had a certain number of requests. I expect the same would happen in most western countries.

There is no money to be made from cabling a whole street for only 1 or 2 requests, and the companies don't have enough money to cable everywhere with occasional requests.

True have 50Mps and 100Mps plans that are only available to a few buildings in Bangkok. Is this because they are blocking expansion, or just because they don't have the money to connect every building at the same time?