Place To Stay Close To Chaopaya Piers

r1chow

I'm coming to live in Bangkok for 4 months.

Need a place that close by the piers since I intend to take water taxi as my main transportation.

There must be some of you guys who live or know a decent place that doesn't have to cost a fortune to live by the water. Will you be kind enough to share your experiences and provide info about those places.

I'm a very easy living person, all I need is a safe, clean room with a/c and frige, no need TV, phone, wifi, hot water, etc

Your time and info are greatly appreciated.:jap:

The Khaosan Road area is good; can walk to Pier 13 on the river, but can also walk to Klong San Saeb (canal) water taxi-----3 stops to MBK. 7K baht room on Samsen, soi 5 (not sure if Pier 14 is functional, may have to walk a bit longer to Pier 13). Also at the end of samsen 2 look up, and you wil see Suan Maree-7Kbaht-smaller room.

Klong boat not so close to the 2 above, but on Pra Sumen road, near Ratchadamnoen, Pirom Mansion, and another even cheaper next door. both close to klong boat, could also walk longer to Pier 13. These are all apartments, off the top of my head. There are, of course hotels aplenty around. Guest houses cheaper.

purushanti, thanks for taking time to share the info.

I'm not in Bangkok right now. The best I can do is did a google on the place you mention " Suan Maree" but didn't get it. I wish you have more infor on this place.

Hoping that someone can intoduce more other places.

Regards,

Tthere is a small apartment building situates on the left of the Tha pa jaan pier.

It's next door to S & P restaurant, called Supartra apartment building.

There are studio, one bedroom and two bedrooms.

Good luck on your search