Water Ski Cable Run In Hua Hin

I was going to ask about this weeks ago but I totaly forgot and now I cant remember where I seen it. I was out in my car - possibly around 10 K's south west of Hua Hin but I may be wrong (sort of around the HH Vineyard area give or take 10 K's) and I saw this huge man made lake with lots of work going on. Around the whole edge of the lake there is a cable maybe 20 feet high supported by metal frames every 100 yards. On each frame is a motor. The cable is hanging maybe 20 feet inside the waters edge.

It looks to me just like a water ski place I went to once in England. Loads of fun - you just grab a strap attached to the cable and fly around on your ski's or your boogie board untill you fall off or make a lap.

AM I missing some old news here or are they actualy building this? Would be great if they are.

Yes, you are correct. It is part of the new 'Black Mountain Golf club' development. Apparently they are also building a 'Boating Lake' and 'Water Park' almost alongside the ski-ing area. New 'lower cost villa's' - single bedroom start about 7M baht and looks as though they are also building another golf course as well. The amount of money that 'Stig' the Swedish owner has spent on the course with the changes in the last 18 months has to be seen to be believed, the course is really becoming quite spectacular with I think if memory serves me correctly 7 (seven) different 'Tee box's' to choose from. Great restaurant as well; eaten there many times; reasonable prices for good food, only problem is that it is open to the elements and in my opinion a stupid design fault, with very poor level lighting in the evening - I do like to see what I'm eating strangely enough!